Why become a member? ×

Thomann delivery times

Jono Bolton

What are people's experiences with delivery times for order from Thomann? I'm looking at something that's in stock, and the timeframe for delivering to the UK is 3-4 working days. I've got a day off on Friday 11th so I'm trying to work out when I should place the order so that it arrives when I'm in, although these things are a lottery and there's every chance that it'll turn up the day before, or the day after when I'm not in.

once took them 10 days to get a 32 channel mixing desk to us, and that includes the lorry being in a accident that destroyed the first order, which if where honest is not too bad! we put a massive order through every year and never wait longer than 5 days for it to turn up. 

all my personal orders also have also come through in 3-5 days

I did once buy a pedal from them that was delivered the following day - I have no idea how that could possibly happen, but it did.

In general it's what others have said, three or four days.  However,  I have had one occasion where stuff shown as being available has taken a little time to get through the pre-posting process of having the order accepted, invoice created, blah blah blah before it made it's way to me -  the item went from being  "available in 2-5 days" when they acknowledged the order, to "available in 2-5 weeks" and finally "available to order" in short order and I had to wait the best part of a month.

How large is the item?  If it's likely to be sent via the Post Office them my strategy would be to order it to arrive a few days in advance of the 11th so that you can either go and collect it or ask them to try to re-deliver it on the 11th.

Edited by Monkey Steve

My experience has been that, on average, if the item is in stock, it will arrive 3 days after ordering. Some UK based shops can't manage to post things to the Highlands in that time.

Very good service from Thomann.

How Brexit will affect their service to the UK is anyone's guess.

Edited by Skybone