Why become a member? ×

October Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

October's Composition Challenge is now underway

Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, @lurksalot...

Image32 darker.jpg

Rules:

• Avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.
  • Make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds and samples in your track.
  • Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition.
  • Pipes of the 'bag' and 'pan' variety are strictly prohibited.

The deadline for entries is midnight on Wednesday 24th October.

3 hours ago, Mornats said:

That's crying out for a ukulele.

😄😄

there is an element of that to it , but it's not George Formby it is a gentleman called Frank Timmins former general manager at the Beckton gas works for the Gas Light and Coke Company 

my Grandad 😆😆

Edited by lurksalot

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my contribution to the October 2018 Basschat Composition Challenge, inspired by a picture chosen by last month's winner: Lurksalot.
All Kontakt this time, using solely the 'Factory' orchestral brass and percussion. It may sound a tad dark at the beginning, but lightens up soon enough as the mellow surroundings and welcome sunshine leave their stamp. A bit of harking back to those 'Good Old Days' and reminiscences of more carefree times, perhaps.
Thanks for listening, if you already have; if you're about to, enjoy.

• Like 3

wow , there doesnt seem to be much love for this picture , ah well, I'll share the blame with Lurksalittle as we chose the picture together :D

well Ive got one together 

enjoy , I have printed lyrics on the soundcloud page but I dont think  that gets so many visits since the embed thing 

• Like 2

On 14/10/2018 at 16:51, Dad3353 said:

Here is my contribution to the October 2018 Basschat Composition Challenge, inspired by a picture chosen by last month's winner: Lurksalot.
All Kontakt this time, using solely the 'Factory' orchestral brass and percussion. It may sound a tad dark at the beginning, but lightens up soon enough as the mellow surroundings and welcome sunshine leave their stamp. A bit of harking back to those 'Good Old Days' and reminiscences of more carefree times, perhaps.
Thanks for listening, if you already have; if you're about to, enjoy.

nice one Douglas , that feels just right !

• Thanks 1

For the first time in a long time (over two years maybe?) I'm going to have to miss this one :( I've not been at home much recently so haven't had the chance to sit down and compose anything. So sorry, no ukulele from me this month! I'm hopefully back in business next month.

3 hours ago, Mornats said:

For the first time in a long time (over two years maybe?) I'm going to have to miss this one :( I've not been at home much recently so haven't had the chance to sit down and compose anything. So sorry, no ukulele from me this month! I'm hopefully back in business next month.

That's a shame , it is very sparse for entries this month , which is odd considering the prize giveaway I had planned 😉