Why become a member? ×

2019 Gear Abstinence Challenge (Updated with 'rules')

Sibob

I'm still in, having blocked all music store websites from the browsers on my phone, laptop and work computer.

I'm now struggling though having managed to see some of the early Winter NAMM releases and earmarking at least one purchase I want to make.

😣

2 hours ago, Ruiner said:

I'm still in, having blocked all music store websites from the browsers on my phone, laptop and work computer.

I'm now struggling though having managed to see some of the early Winter NAMM releases and earmarking at least one purchase I want to make.

😣

To be fair, we all know that NAMM stands for 'Not Available, Maybe May'......so if you can hold of a few months, should be doable, and the stuff will be cheaper in 2020....probably.

Si

I'm in - mainly because I'm utterly skint but I have to say that my enforced abstainance seems to have had a remarkable effect on GAS. Not really interested in anything and haven't been for quite a while. I've flogged a few bits and pieces too.

So a total of a magnificent 9 still going strong 2 weeks in!

Well I've succumbed to @bassfan fat thumb syndrome** today and just got a Fwonkbeta and will hopefully shortly be getting a knowing pat of approval from young @CameronJ

=> so 2 pedals up (btw BOTH can squarely be blamed on bassfan - avoid this guy you "magnificent 9"), but on the plus side I've managed to sell two pedals so that't a net increase of NIL pedals so far (that kinda counts, right?).

And I don't have ANY Yammy BB1100s

**or is that technically @AndyTravis syndrome? (I get confused).

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m already a fat c*nt

meant the priory didn’t i?

stupid c*nt too.

You don't look at all fat in your avatar picture. I kinda guessed you might've meant Priory, but the Ivy is both cheaper does better food and you can catch a show afterwards, so, of the two, I'd defo choose to go to the Ivy for 16 weeks. No one who appreciates a good Yammy is stupid.

Edited by Al Krow

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

You don't look fat in your avatar picture. I kinda guessed you might've meant Priory, but the Ivy is both cheaper does better food and you can catch a show afterwards, so, of the two, I'd defo choose to go to the Ivy for 16 weeks. No one who appreciates a good Yammy is stupid.

They opened an ivy in Manchester...

5C07A32E-ECC8-4B51-A2F7-F6CD8CAAEA7B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i may have technically hopped off the wagon a bit... I bought an extension 'speaker on a stick' for my active 'speaker on a stick' i use at home for practicing and videos. BUT i am going to sell my HBW80 Bass amp as its too big and loud for my living room and giggage is mostly DI anyway.

So that doesn't count cos its technically replacing.

And i should get more money for the amp then a spent on the speaker.

So its actually saving, really...

• Like 1