Why become a member? ×

New Old Bassist would Appreciate Advice...

TripleB67

43 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Complete nonsense.

Toronto, right? Beautiful city. But I understand you guys are running out of pot having become the second country on the planet after Uruguay to legalise the stuff... 

Yes, this is true... Toronto, like London, has gone to pot... But Prime Minister Fidel Trudeau sold it all to Great Britain before the price fell through the bottom. He should be in a band, that guy. 

48 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Plenty of garden centres round by me to get as many pots as you like. 

Methinks you have taken the pot pun to new depths of mirth... You should have quit while you were a head...

(A couple walk into a bar carrying a suitcase. They sit down, open the suit case, take out a living human head and place it on the bar. “This is our son Marvin,” they tell the bartender. “He was born without a body. Today Marvin is 21 years old and we’ve come to celebrate, so drinks are on the house!”

After the bartender served everyone one and they sang Happy Birthday, the mother carefully poured Marvin’s drink into his mouth. Suddenly, to everyone’s amazement, Marvin began to grow a full torso complete with arms and hands.

“This is incredible” said Marvin, “Look, I’ve got arms and hands. I’m so excited, I’m going to buy another round of drinks for everyone!”

Then Marvin said, “Look everybody I can now handle my own drink”! He lifted his glass and poured the second drink into his mouth. At that, he began to grow legs and feet; he was now a normal looking young man.

As soon as his new feet appeared, he jumped to the floor and started dancing around the bar and ran out into the street where a huge lorry roared by, flattening him into the pavement, and killing him dead. His parents began to cry and the bartender looked down sadly at poor Marvin's crumpled frame and commented, “You know... He should have quit while he was a head.”)

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Espadrilles are where it’s at these days. Especially for mountain walking on the continent

Sounds like a long walk to take a walk. Don't you have mountains closer to home, BH? What about Mount Batten?

I hear that rubber booties are passe this year, I fear. However, one should still keep them handy!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I find a pair of light pink ballet shoes are just the ticket when tiptoeing across the endless carpet of animal faeces that threatens to overwhelm the major urban conurbations in Europe.

What would you wear in San Francisco? That slippy guano no come from bats...! Maybe resurrect those platform shoes from the 70's.

54 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

I’m sure we will be fine.. given that Australia are in the Eurovision Song Contest :scratch_one-s_head:

Euro Vision...?!? That's a bit short-sighted, ain't it?

But Lulu's Boom Bang-a-Bang gave Waltzing Mathilda a run for the money! I'm not sure the Aussies can handle it alone without GB.

Edited by StringNavigator