Why become a member? ×

Vulfpeck Pilgrimage

CokeyW

54 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, it is indeed my video. You may have also seen me walk down and have a conversation (twice) with a young lady who thought it would be OK to stand up on the stairs and block everyone's view 🙄

You all stepped on my feet on your way back and forward to your seats!

On 5 October 2018 at 12:14, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The Joe Dart Signature bass was sounding pretty awesome 😀

I've heard from other people it sounded really good. It'll be interesting to see whether EBMM market a signature model - it sounds entirely possible from the comments they've made. 

• Like 1

I hate to say it but I wasn't really as impressed with them this time round...

Obviously the mucicianship and individual performances were second to none, but its the same show year on year... Support from joey, Cory wong in the crowd, Jacks handstand ending etc. ... Apart from the 3 new songs in the set... The "show"was the same as it was last year. 

The venue sounded terrible in my opinion. Even Jack Stratton mentioned that it was like playing in a cave.

I was left a bit cold this time :( I don't think I'll see them again. 

17 hours ago, GisserD said:

Obviously the mucicianship and individual performances were second to none, but its the same show year on year... Support from joey, Cory wong in the crowd, Jacks handstand ending etc. ... Apart from the 3 new songs in the set... The "show"was the same as it was last year. 

The venue sounded terrible in my opinion. Even Jack Stratton mentioned that it was like playing in a cave.

Well, I'm kind of glad to read that, because I didn't get to go in the end. My idiot cat tried to eat a wasp and so needed some urgent medical attention. I managed to pass my tickets to a mate in London but he only caught the last 5 songs...

I saw them in Brixton Academy last year and I just think it's the wrong shape venue for them, the reverb is totally wrong. It was still ace though

I was there on the Thursday night, it was a very good gig indeed and the crowd (mostly bass players?) really seemed into it.

I was surprised at how much love the support band were getting, stupid me didn't realise who it was!

On 07/10/2018 at 17:05, GisserD said:

+1000. The show I went to on 1st October of this year was virtually identical to the one I went to on 26th September 2017.

I think it's invidious to call the tour 'Wisdom of Crowds' and to expect the audience to be happy with a carbon copy show. The part where Theo etc pretended to be Peckapella 'for (their) first gig ever' made me cringe this time.

I would think twice about going to see them live again, particularly at the cost increases by a tenner year on year.

Edited by acidbass