Why become a member? ×

80’s Keys Player Desperation

hiram.k.hackenbacker

Apologies to all for posting in General Discussion, but more people will see this here and I’ve already tried a thread in Musicians Wanted to no avail. There must be a few other bass players in 80’s bands here, so I’m hoping you might be able to assist.

The situation is now critical with my band ‘Total 80’s’. Our keys player has emigrated and we have three outstanding Agency gigs that we cannot cover. In all likelihood we will have to cancel them if we don’t find a keys player that can cover them. That will be a shame as it’s a really fun set and great people to play with.

The dates are:

Nov 9th @ Penistone Paramount, Sheffield

Nov 16th @ Hartlepool

Nov 17th @ Bedworth Theatre, Bedford - these last two will be an overnight job due to distance.

The set list is shown below. I think they are all in the original key and for the most part are very similar in structure as well.

These are decent paying gigs and at least one rehearsal will be required which will be in Rayleigh, Essex.

Please Basschat, spread the word to anyone you might know that could handle these gigs.

Regards,

Warren.

A6A63A56-BC17-4447-9CF1-D1E70BDD2F5F.jpeg

C6C469D9-2205-4DD6-8488-E15361979443.jpeg

39 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

No, sorry. We’ve been doing it for so long and the keyboard position has been stable since day one, so nothing written down I’m afraid.

Okay, shame as I have a mate who would have been happy to help you out. Hope you get it sorted though 🙂

Update - as a result of @Silvia Bluejay's suggestion regarding the UK Dep Musicians's Group on FB I have now found and spoken with a guy that seems to fit the bill for us. Just trying to arrange rehearsal dates now.

I'm a bit hopeless with social media at the best of times and Twitter still baffles me, so thanks for the steer Silvia and to everyone else who commented. It's very much appreciated. 

• Like 5

Just looking at your set list, it appears that a lot of the original versions of the songs feature more than a little sequenced parts in their backing. What does your band do about those? If they are included is your keyboard player expected to program them up and provided the means to play them back?

Oh and "Together In Electric Dreams" is not by The Human League, it's by Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder. There's an important difference [/pedant]

23 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Just looking at your set list, it appears that a lot of the original versions of the songs feature more than a little sequenced parts in their backing. What does your band do about those? If they are included is your keyboard player expected to program them up and provided the means to play them back?

Oh and "Together In Electric Dreams" is not by The Human League, it's by Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder. There's an important difference [/pedant]

No backing tracks. All 100% live. The guy I’m speaking with has played all of the songs before in an 80’s band. He has all the gear required, including a sequencer. He’s quite looking forward to using it again for ‘Rio’.

Point taken regarding Electric Dreams. I shall have myself shot later 🤪