Why become a member? ×

PRICE DROP now £200 - Ibanez Soundgear SR800 bass 1991 (Japan) Jewel Blue
£225

loweringthetone

Early Ibanez SR800 bass from the original Soundgear series. These were high quality instruments manufactured in Japan. It's an active bass with a strong punchy sound and a good range of tones. Its in full working order. Colour is Jewel blue, a deep blue (metallic?) and it has a few minor knocks, mostly underneath (as shown) but otherwise its in excellent condition. Web sources date the serial to Feb 1991.

A quality gigging bass for not much money.

Prefer pick up from Nottingham or meet (M1/J25) as it has a skinny neck and no case.

P1010814.JPG

P1010818.JPG

P1010817.JPG

P1010815.JPG

P1010816.JPG

P1010819.JPG

P1010829.JPG

Edited by loweringthetone
price
  • Like 3

Thanks for the appreciation 2elliott. 😋

Just in case anyone is asking weight around 8.4 lb according to my bathscales and the long horn makes it an easy on the neck.

... and the colour is a Parker's ink blue....bet thats never been on the forum !

info

Beautiful - I had the exact same bass, same colour, was my no.1 for about 5 years. Had a matching metallic red fretless too, both 90s Fujigen-built SR800s. Should have kept them. :(

GLWTS - would be very interested myself if I hadn't filled the Soundgear-shaped hole in my life with an SR500...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few offers but still up for grabs. 

A long shot..... anyone have a spare older GK MBX microbass extension cab to trade ? It's not the most recent version I'm after, its the one with the white flat lettering.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...