Why become a member? ×

Overdrive/Distortion

danny-79

Looking to replace the VT-Bass (#5 in picture) thinking along the lines of possibly the Darkglass Alpha/Omega not to sure what one though, not tried any of them personally. 

All suggestions welcome. Quite possibly change for the sake of change as the set up I have sounds pretty good but you know how it goes 😜

cheers. Dan

CB82A954-4C15-4975-A6C5-EBC166E7A3D2.jpeg

On 29/09/2018 at 11:57, A.G.E.N.T.E. said:

How about changing the order of the pedals? I also have a b3k and the vt bass but i place the vt after the B3k. I like how the preamp and the cab sim adds extra flexibility. 

Hi, yeah that’s the order that they have spent all there time together in, a good few years. I recently rebuilt the board to accommodate the the addition of the Compressore and decided to try them in this order for a change to see how that works out. I think my logic was, new band, keep the VT set/always on then uses the B3 for boost/extra etc. 

Ive had the VT longer and tbh never really 100% got on with it that well. Usually keep the speaker sim off

• 3 weeks later...

Well you already have the B3k and whilst the Alpha Omega is different, it's in a similar ball park to the B3k (modern overdrive and distortion tones) so you may wish to get something radically different to the B3k to cover more bases. Like a fuzz or a light overdrive (both B3k and VT Bass in the pic look at for pretty heavy distortion). The Alpha Omega does the light overdrive thing well.

I love my VT Bass, but only as an amp sim. 

Here's a some of the stuff I'm enjoying at the moment in the fuzz and overdrive categories:

Stone Deaf Kliponite 

Fuzzrocious Cat/Rat Tail 

Jext Telez Dizzy Tone V5

Fairfield Circuitry Unpleasant Suprise

Let us know what sort of sound you want to replace the VT Bass with and we can give better suggestions

Have put it back in its original running order. It’s amazing on how different the drive pedals work by changing the order. Definitely works best this way 

used it at a small gig last week. I had my Genz-Benz 4x10 with the Orange terror head, Compressore and VT always on, kick the B3K in as and when need and it sounded amazing! Tight focused drive that shook the building. 

Changing the VT Is definitely just change for the sake of change. 

Would adding perhaps another drive pedal to put next to the B3k but more distortion based than overdrive be a better route to go. ?

😜😪🤪

FAB86E3A-7392-4BB5-8C86-420AFAF71EBA.jpeg

20 hours ago, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

Nothing wrong with change for the sake of a change! I think a thicker distortion or fuzz would be different enough. As mentioned above, I'm loving the Stone Deaf Kliponite at the moment. I did a demo of it:

Thanks for that. Pretty cool sounding pedal, not quite what I’m looking for though, I’m leaning more towards Distortion I think 

16 hours ago, 2elliot said:

Try an EBS Billy Sheehan Deluxe. I have had one on my pedal board for over a year, it's great. I've had Darkglass stuff and a couple of others but this one has killed them all off. It's very good. 

I’ve seen these before and it’s gone straight over me. Will dig deeper thank for reply 

• Like 1