Original Bridge
Original Jack
Nut width 37mm
Weight 3.8kg
Replacement Pots dated 1999
Replacement Capacitor
Some replacement wiring
Neck has been refinished and maybe the body too in Daphne/Sonic Blue

The bass plays magnificently and sounds absolutely huge! The pick ups in '66 seem to have a certain oomph about them, maybe an extra wind or two! Sounds as big and barks as a P bass fully open to the smooth unctuousness of a cool funky Jazz. Honestly, THE best Jazz bass I have ever played, ever!

Welcome to come and try in Hexham Northumberland but can ship. No Trades I’m afraid. More pics available if needed. 

F4ED3575-9BC5-4A27-B395-4A5AA3C1A8E1.jpeg

0C5655D3-866A-4AD8-A0B5-97573BE2CE7F.jpeg

9C17D4F2-F69E-4CBD-ABC0-C1A736AB21AC.jpeg

D02EC1C3-84F2-4D84-B99C-BE12ED3A267C.jpeg

Edited by walshy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What a beautiful bass! I'd be very sad to see that go indeed. 66 is my birth year. I had to scroll down to the pics very very slowly in the absolute hope that it wasn't Oly white. I could feel the dread of my BF FR800's going up for sale! GLWTS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itsmedunc said:

What a beautiful bass! I'd be very sad to see that go indeed. 66 is my birth year. I had to scroll down to the pics very very slowly in the absolute hope that it wasn't Oly white. I could feel the dread of my BF FR800's going up for sale! GLWTS

Ha ha luckily it isn’t 😉 Cracking bass though even in blue😂

1 hour ago, itsmedunc said:

It's just me, nothing against blue. I like it really but I have a weird unnatural fetish for white Fenders! 

I love an Olympic White myself. Got a Custom Shop 5 on its way in that colour 👌

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, boroman said:

I have exact the same feeling about '66 pickups. They are just "more" - more gritty, more oomph, more signal, punk stuff!

Aye couldn’t believe how much ‘more’ they have. 

OMG - Lollipops, blocks and blue.  I think something has just happened in my trousers...

I wish I had that sort of cash spare.  GLWTS.

I would have loved a trip back up to my native north east too - used to love Saturday trips to Hexham park in the summer!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

OMG - Lollipops, blocks and blue.  I think something has just happened in my trousers...

I wish I had that sort of cash spare.  GLWTS.

I would have loved a trip back up to my native north east too - used to love Saturday trips to Hexham park in the summer!

Yeah it’s a thing of beauty man and the sound is 👌.  Yeah not far from the Park either, just up in Slaley. 

• Like 1