Why become a member? ×

Royal Fail

paul_5

13 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Like Parcel Force their customer services are designed to discourage rather than to assist.

Yes - forms to be acquired that are rambling, pointless and ask for arcane details you can't possibly know. Then you have to deliver them in person to Mordor, fight Orcs, climb Mount Doom, all sorts. Then discover three years later that your application for compensation 'was not properly submitted'...

• Like 1

The big issue here is that it’s reasonable to assume that insurance with the courier will cover the risk of THEM breaking it (think about it for a second and this is backwards for a start - I will pay you more to mitigate any effects of your ineptitude) however a few cases on here show that not to be the case as they find ways to wheedle out of taking responsibility for pathetic reasons but it’s very hard to challenge them. A few years ago I ended up taking city link to the small claims court over their pathetic service (cheaper and easier than you would think) and the judgement process lasted about 30 seconds with the judge stating that she could not understand why the case was needed as I was clearly covered under their own terms and conditions. Even then they tried to avoid paying me compensation and it took another 8 months to get the payment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

To give balance to this thread. I didn't want to remove the valves as they seemed very tight and didn't wish to break them. I also over packed the box with loads of bubble wrap, peanut packing, cardboard, etc. So much so that the top of the box was slightly bulging. Paul said there was nothing more I could have done.

I believe that they must have either kicked it around the depot or the word 'fragile' is code to RM workers for please break. 

I offered to chase it up and replace one of the valves (mullard).

Not sure what more I could have done. Wanted to set the record straight 

Over-packing could have been a contributing factor. One needs to allow a certain amount of “crush space”. I once bought a Nord Piano on eBay where the seller wrapped it in bubble wrap (in addition to the original packing). The fact the bubble wrap was touching the piano caused one of the LEDs to get crushed. If he’d just used the original packing it’d have been fine as it was two polystyrene end pieces which left a huge air gap between the outer box and the piano.

My point is, over-packing can sometimes cause damage. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Over-packing could have been a contributing factor. One needs to allow a certain amount of “crush space”. I once bought a Nord Piano on eBay where the seller wrapped it in bubble wrap (in addition to the original packing). The fact the bubble wrap was touching the piano caused one of the LEDs to get crushed. If he’d just used the original packing it’d have been fine as it was two polystyrene end pieces which left a huge air gap between the outer box and the piano.

My point is, over-packing can often cause damage. 

True. Also with this the valves stand proud on the top of the device.