Why become a member? ×

New Orange stuff?

Thunderpaws

Just now, nash said:

I love that Orange spent 4 years slagging off the TT. Saying it didn't sound great because it was D-class (all just to sell the OB-1).

To be fair, I get a sense that they don't want to produce any class D gear, I know that certain people at Ashdown feel the same, but the market dictates what sells and what doesn't, not the manufacturers themseslves, why on earth would you not make something that people will buy...

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:44, Dood said:

I'm reviewing one tomorrow hopefully with the OBC212 cabinet! Keep an eye on my Instagram for some cheeky pictures @danveallbassist ...

I can`t do that pesky Instagram stuff, pop a link on here please, Dan.

1 minute ago, eude said:

To be fair, I get a sense that they don't want to produce any class D gear, I know that certain people at Ashdown feel the same, but the market dictates what sells and what doesn't, not the manufacturers themseslves, why on earth would you not make something that people will buy...

That`s a very good point, and given the love that was around for the Bass Terror think Orange have made a sensible move bringing it back.

• Like 1

Just now, Lozz196 said:

That`s a very good point, and given the love that was around for the Bass Terror think Orange have made a sensible move bringing it back.

Exactly, and the fact they have addressed ALL the issues people had with the original, they're clearly listening to us bassists, which can't be said for the majority of manufacturers...

48 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I can`t do that pesky Instagram stuff, pop a link on here please, Dan.

As it happens we didn’t get time to get round to the Orange gear after a really busy day. Maybe next time and I’ll keep everyone posted. I use Instagram as Facebook is even more aggressive at limiting ones posts. 3000 followers plus on FB and I’d be surprised if 5% are allowed to see my posts. But that’s a discussion for another thread entirely. 

On 29/09/2018 at 20:20, Bigwan said:

Great to see. I owned the original multiple times. Would happily own another. 

Yep same here, had 3 of the originals and 2 of them were from new. A great historic service from Orange coupled with one of my favourite amps ever could well lead to a new purchase sometime soon 😊

• Like 1