Why become a member? ×

My band released a video today - noisy bass/drums/vocals trio

thumbo

12 hours ago, cheddatom said:

This is awesome!! I'd love to know the setup for your bass sounds

Thanks! The previously recorded stuff was all DI'd, with most of the tone coming from a Warwick Thumb into a Fuzzrocious Demon or Rat Tail running into a Rusty Box, then various octave pedals blended in. Lots of the bass parts are double tracked on the recordings. The newest track has more mic'd cab tones, but there's still DI'd bass all through it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more album related videos from the launch gig back in December. It's a pretty rough and ready recording, but came out alright considering it was just one of those Zoom handheld recorders capturing the audio. 

Edited by thumbo

• 2 weeks later...

A very fortunate find, though I'm extremely surprised I've not come across you before to be honest, having seen Blacklisters, FOTL, TSPSI and various other bands I'd definitely put you on support bills for over the past few years. Unless I have and forgotten... Which is not entirely unlikely

Edit - You're from Leeds? I feel very bad now. My new band detection powers have failed me.

Edited by bobbass4k

28 minutes ago, bobbass4k said:

A very fortunate find, though I'm extremely surprised I've not come across you before to be honest, having seen Blacklisters, FOTL, TSPSI and various other bands I'd definitely put you on support bills for over the past few years. Unless I have and forgotten... Which is not entirely unlikely

Edit - You're from Leeds? I feel very bad now. My new band detection powers have failed me.

Cheers! We are indeed based in Leeds. We've played with Blacklisters a few times in Leeds and managed to convince Billy to join us on vocals when we played Berlin the year before last, we've played with TSPSI in London and Bristol and we've sort of played with FOTL if playing the same festivals counts (ATG and Wrong fest). To be fair we don't play loads of Leeds gigs though, probably 4 or 5 a year for the last few years.