Why become a member? ×

Examples of great P tone.

ianrendall

7 hours ago, Muzz said:

Oh my word...Dat Growl...and a good example of EQ-ing for the band sound: I love Billy's tone in the band, but solo'd it's very harsh.

Absolutely true.  I'm a huge fan of Billy Sheehan, and I've got an Attitude 3 & Helix too.  I got a great Billy-alike patch created & shared by a chap called Jon Willis on the Yamaha Attitude Facebook page.

You're absolutely right, solo'd the sound seems WAY over the top.  BUT - when you use it in the right song context, it sounds AMAZING. 

On 27/09/2018 at 18:04, Muzz said:

P-Tone, you say? GAS-inducing, you say? This is track that made me pick up a bass...15 seconds in... 😁

This was THE sound that made me fall for the bass. Great track "hanging around" and I felt so pleased that a while after learning "Peaches" I learned how to play "hanging around"
and "Princess of the Streets" - great intro on that last track! In fact, JJ's bass sounds fantastic on the whole album. After an absence from playing (for ages) a return to this album gave me P bass GAS all over again
Never heard a P bass sound quite so good :) :)  

• Like 1

One of the ultimate P bass tones from John Wetton ( RIP )  through HiWatt guitar amps, so he said.  Live,  , well back in the early 70's anyways,  2 x 100 watt heads

Get under your headphones. This is awesome

• Like 2