Why become a member? ×

Elwray Infinga 4 Bass - Reviews

Silvia Bluejay

1 minute ago, Marcoelwray said:

I should have called (is that gramatically correct?) this thread "The Unexpected Perigrinations of a Belgian Experiment in United Kingdom" 

I find it quite disturbing that a Belgian has a better English vocabulary than I do 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grangur said:

We know. If you took the French and German out of the English language we would only be able to grunt at each other.  :D

Not true! We’d have Greek, Scandinavian, Some Latin and a selection of Dutch words to use as well!!

It would make posts on here interesting tho..

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Not true! We’d have Greek, Scandinavian, Some Latin and a selection of Dutch words to use as well!!

It would make posts on here interesting tho..

LOL.. What would Farage have to say if, as part of the leaving the EU, we had to give all the words back that we stole!?

Answer: nothing, he'd be speechless.

(This makes Brexit quite attractive, come to think about it...)

Edited by Grangur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

In fact, you are not even British as the original Celtic tribes were slaughtering themselves when the Angles and Saxons came. For the record, those were German tribes and your language is a German one, really, it's as simple as that... Sorry to bother some of you, but it's history. The truth is not always good to hear, I know. 🤐

On my side, I have almost all European bloods running in my veins : the perfect bastard !

• Like 1

@BreadBin you commented on the other thread about passing the bass on. You can always ship it. We knew you were the only person in the area trying it.

So far, I've done a fair bit of moving the bass about. I've just been willing to help out. It isn't my responsibility. So, if folk want It moved on in the next 2 weeks while I'm out of the UK, that's all good with me.  :)

Perhaps I should add here, I normally go to the SW, for work 2-3 times a year.

Edited by Grangur

2 hours ago, Grangur said:

@BreadBin you commented on the other thread about passing the bass on. You can always ship it. We knew you were the only person in the area trying it.

So far, I've done a fair bit of moving the bass about. I've just been willing to help out. It isn't my responsibility. So, if folk want It moved on in the next 2 weeks while I'm out of the UK, that's all good with me.  :)

Perhaps I should add here, I normally go to the SW, for work 2-3 times a year.

Oh absolutely, you have already done more than enough!

I am happy to ship it as @Marcoelwray has already said he would cover the cost - my only concern is that it may get lost or damaged.

I had the opportunity to take some more photos today, the sun is shining which obviously helps...

I took it to see Westbury White Horse

DSC_8090.thumb.JPG.72deb0a9d14b182def7c92f804e97b63.JPG

Then we found a red telephone box (which is now a book exchange)

DSC_8092.thumb.JPG.ea276bb1050a596bd8094bc9509d4fbf.JPG

When pulling out on to the main road after taking the photo above one of the intake pipes on my car literally exploded! I pulled over in a layby by another local attraction and whilst waiting for the recovery to arrive I took this...DSC_8098.thumb.JPG.f1f88e841eb13977fdb1bc83e0166650.JPG

Sadly, that was the end of our excursion. Who's next?!

• Like 2

Guest Marcoelwray
6 hours ago, BreadBin said:

Oh absolutely, you have already done more than enough!

I am happy to ship it as @Marcoelwray has already said he would cover the cost - my only concern is that it may get lost or damaged.

Don't worry, it won't be damaged ;)

The flight case is solid enough.

Thanks for the pictures! Much appreciated!

On 16/10/2018 at 15:07, Grangur said:

If it helps, I can probably get down to Wilts/Devon again in 3-5 (approx) weeks. I can collect the bass and get it to @TrevorR

Regrettably I don't have cause to travel much north of Huntingdon these days.

That would be brilliant! We can work out logistics somehow...

Oops, I think that was a reply that never got sent a week or so ago... where are we with the bass’ location and next moves. 

Or has it all gone quiet in the absence of @Grangur to keep it going? 

As and when it does get to me I wondered that there are no other London Surrey Berks Herts folk who would be interested in trying it and doing a review? Tempted @NancyJohnson @Wolverinebass @Happy Jack @Hamster  @cetera @Graemeross Or any others?

11 hours ago, TrevorR said:

Oops, I think that was a reply that never got sent a week or so ago... where are we with the bass’ location and next moves. 

Or has it all gone quiet in the absence of @Grangur to keep it going? 

As and when it does get to me I wondered that there are no other London Surrey Berks Herts folk who would be interested in trying it and doing a review? Tempted @NancyJohnson @Wolverinebass @Happy Jack @Hamster  @cetera @Graemeross Or any others?

I'm happy to review it. 

Guest Marcoelwray
4 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Still here - next week is ideal for me to ship.. 

@TrevorR do you want me to send it to you? Or is it better to send it to @Bridgehouse?

@Marcoelwray - what is your preferred courier?

Don't know in UK. In Belgium I use bpost, because I am not confident in UPS or DHL and I never had a trouble.

Your call .