Why become a member? ×

Elwray Infinga 4 Bass - Reviews

Silvia Bluejay

1 hour ago, gary mac said:

@Grangur Tim has made contact about collecting the bass from me this week, so if you're planning on taking it to @BreadBin let me know a bit sharpish. :)  

Hi @gary mac, no, let Tim have it first, then TrevorR and then, when I'm back I can take it down there, if it's not already gone. We may as well get it finished in the SE first.

Thanks all the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grangur said:

Hi @gary mac, no, let Tim have it first, then TrevorR and then, when I'm back I can take it down there, if it's not already gone. We may as well get it finished in the SE first.

Thanks all the same.

I should be picking bass up from Gary tomorrow so i could drop it back to you tomorrow evening after putting it through its paces if you like Rich ?  

Wow, if you're sure?

I can then drop it in with someone. Either Trevor in Staines or someone down south. 

I guess it also depends on how long @TrevorR wants it.  As I see it, some folk are going to need to ship it by courier. It's only a matter of who. After all, petrol/diesel isn't free either.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Grangur said:

Wow, if you're sure?

I can then drop it in with someone. Either Trevor in Staines or someone down south. 

I guess it also depends on how long @TrevorR wants it.  As I see it, some folk are going to need to ship it by courier. It's only a matter of who. After all, petrol/diesel isn't free either.

No problem it will keep things moving ,and you may yet get to play that Wal 🙂 

Guest Marcoelwray
1 hour ago, Vinny said:

Is there any danger of this heading north? I'd love to get my greasy paws on it if it does.

If it goes North, I want pictures from there ! ;) If someone has to make some unexpected expense for shipping, I can cover it.

23 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

If it goes North, I want pictures from there ! ;) If someone has to make some unexpected expense for shipping, I can cover it.

I suppose that means I'd have to take it somewhere pretty, then! (I'm in the top right hand corner of Wales, where even the dragons won't go.)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Grangur said:

Wow, if you're sure?

I’m completely easy with when and for how long. Would like to have at least a week so I can, at least, take it to a rehearsal and then try through the church PA in a service... so practicality and logistics first. Let’s make it as convenient for as many folks as poss.

Guest Marcoelwray
1 hour ago, Vinny said:

I suppose that means I'd have to take it somewhere pretty, then! (I'm in the top right hand corner of Wales, where even the dragons won't go.)

I probably don't get half of the joke but, yes, pretty much what I meant.

Why all these people are chasing dragons? (My English joke of the day!)

Liverpool mate? I've met a couple from there in Corfu once... Oddly, I understood them very well. Isn't that weird?

@Marcoelwray The welsh emblem is a dragon. The north of wales is home to people who speak Welsh as a first language, rather than English with a welsh accent as is more normal in the south of Wales 

@Vinny is joking about the wild countryside in the very north of wales saying that even dragons would be scared of the place 

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

If it does make its way to me, I’m over in wales on work (N Wales) so could drop it off with you very easily.

8 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

@Marcoelwray The welsh emblem is a dragon. The north of wales is home to people who speak Welsh as a first language, rather than English with a welsh accent as is more normal in the south of Wales 

Kinda... that's true of the top left, but where I live the populace tend to use a series of grunts interspersed with the grabbing of genitals and spitting.

10 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

@Vinny is joking about the wild countryside in the very north of wales saying that even dragons would be scared of the place 

That's the pretty part - the best view to be had round here is of fighting Staffies flanked by what's left of a steelworks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

If it does make its way to me, I’m over in wales on work (N Wales) so could drop it off with you very easily.

An incredibly kind offer, that man (doffs cap) I tend to hang around various bits of Cheshire, also.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Grangur said:

Ok, it seems I'll have the bass for the drive down from Bristol to Exeter on Wednesday late afternoon/evening. So I can go to either of these gents:
@fiatcoupe432 - Kingsbridge, Devon
@BreadBin  - Trowbridge, Wilts

Who would like it first?

I can be in either Exeter or Trowbridge at about 18:00

To be fair @fiatcoupe432 asked first, but 1800 on Weds works fine for me. 

6 hours ago, Vinny said:

Kinda... that's true of the top left, but where I live the populace tend to use a series of grunts interspersed with the grabbing of genitals and spitting.

That's the pretty part - the best view to be had round here is of fighting Staffies flanked by what's left of a steelworks.

:) yes but Marco is Belgian and speaking almost perfect English but with little practical knowledge of British wildlife and locales. “Staffie” might leave him a bit puzzled. I was keeping it simple for him. 

As a speaker of a few languages, I know from bitter experience that’s it’s the hardest thing when you have to untangle irony mixed with local reference and make sense of it in the language that your head is using. I mean Vienna, new year pigs and marzipan ? That one had me thrown till a local explained it slowly 

@Marcoelwray a staffie is a slang name for a breed of dog, a Staffordshire terrier. Heavy, thick set, often used in illegal dog fighting. Some are nice and some are unpredictable at best. 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1