Why become a member? ×

NBD - Warwick Corvette $$ 5

Dazm1966

Finally took the plunge and bought a five string. Always wanted to try a Warwick and really impressed with the quality (particularly at under half the price of a new one!). Beautiful coloured and oiled finish on nicely grained wood and very versatile electronics. I was worried about the neck profile - particularly on a 5 string but this is perfect -strangely almost flat at the back.

Just need to get used to that pesky low B string now!

IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

• Like 3

Well done for taking the leap. Try not to use the B as a thumb rest 🤣 Can I give you a tip, when playing in E or F try not to use the open E or 1st fret but instead start on the 5 & 6th on the B and go from there. You will soon get the hang of it and of course the advantage is the fret spacing is much more comfortable there.  

Thanks Graham. Sounds like good advice. I've had more of a chance to play it and can see that it isn't as tricky as I thought. I'm now worried about going back to the 4 string for the next few gigs whilst playing the 5 exclusively chez moi. 1st world problems eh!