Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

10 hours ago, ead said:

The NS-94s were made in Korea to pretty much USA specs as far as I can determine.  This was at a time when Stuart Spector had temporarily lost control of his brand name.

Oh cool! Mines Korean too (99) not sure where that fits into the break of Stuarts ownership?

I have to say, they built some fantastic basses out there, my 2000 saw off a Czech rebop, it just didn't have the magic that the 2000 has.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Woodinblack said:

It was for sale, and I just bought it!

Aww what! Missed that, many congratulations 😁

Would love to see more pics. A green Euro 5 has been high on my GAS list for a long time.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

It was for sale, and I just bought it!

It only turned up today, so I haven't had a chance to get pictures yet, so here is one of its sale ones:

IMG_0425.JPG.d8604081af66891aef734d481a1aeffb.JPG

Absolutely stunning! I'm so jealous 😁

I was a bit concerned as I had previously had a Spector Legend and I really didn't get on with it much.. one of the early pages on here. However, this was an itch I had been wanting to scratcch a long time

Recently I wanted one of the fan fret spectors, and I tried one and loved it, but sadly they are crazy prices in shops, and bass direct who had a good price no longer had the green and I couldn't get on with the brown, and there was the other nagging "£1600 for a new korean that would be work at best 1200 if I sold it".

So that pushed me to the idea of a euro, as if I didn't get on with it, I could shift it for close to what I got it for. No win no fee. Put a wanted advert, this turned up my way, asked advice, seemed positive.

So this turned up, not a colour I would have initial thought of but it is so deep, it looks 3d in the light, and considering it is over 20 years old, it is next to perfect. It feels nice, it sits nice (which the legend didn't do). It has the perfect back cutaway for someone who has worked near the fridge during lockdown!

Played it all night, it sounds so good, it sounds different to everything else i have, it has its own sound (I don't have any EMG pickups, maybe it is that), certainly more active sounding which is a great thing, so clear.

And the B string, it is something special. I don't actually have any basses with a bad B string as such, but you actually can barely tell the difference between the B at the 5th and the open E. I don't buy into the 35" being a lot better thing due to the physics of it, but if I did, I would use this as evidence!

Couldn't be happier with it. Looking forward to its first gig.

• Like 5

Sounds very promising! 

I think I want a Spector, all the reviews seem so good but annoyingly I don't like the look or feel of the Legend series stuff, so I reckon it has to be the Euro. Which is a shame because they are expensive for the use of a bedroom bassist.... 😅 

Maybe one day if I gig I'll treat myself to one. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Sounds very promising! 

I think I want a Spector, all the reviews seem so good but annoyingly I don't like the look or feel of the Legend series stuff, so I reckon it has to be the Euro. Which is a shame because they are expensive for the use of a bedroom bassist.... 😅 

Maybe one day if I gig I'll treat myself to one. 

There is also a new model coming - Pulse 2. There is a review in the current issue of BP.

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

I think I want a Spector, all the reviews seem so good but annoyingly I don't like the look or feel of the Legend series stuff, so I reckon it has to be the Euro.

That was my thinking. I had the legend, I didn't like it at all, it put me off spectors, which is a bit unfortunate. This is nothing like that.

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Which is a shame because they are expensive for the use of a bedroom bassist.... 😅

I don't think that is true - I have played on the same stage as you :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Its hard to capture its greenness really - in the sun it really glows

Finally getting a chance to play it, it seems rather good!

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

That is seriously my perfect bass and colour! Please contact me, if you ever move it on 😍😍

• Like 1

I think this has already been on this Thread, but here's my beauty!

Euro Lx4 in Ultra Amber with an incredible flamed maple top. I got this a few months ago, thanks to the always awesome Andy Travis.

Always been a huge fan of Spectors and used to have a Euro CR5FM in Natural with an East pre, which was also amazing.

20220309_153345.jpg

20220309_153405.jpg

20220309_153417.jpg

received_401500641432390.jpeg

• Like 8