Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

20 minutes ago, cetera said:

The 4 colours have been announced and released to sale today. 40 basses in total and many are already sold! I may have already snagged myself a blue one thanks to a good friend in the States.... 😉

FB_IMG_1638863473174.jpg

FB_IMG_1638863469329.jpg

FB_IMG_1638863466922.jpg

FB_IMG_1638863464347.jpg

Uhhh, the red one looks tempting, I better immediately forget what I've seen 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cetera said:

The 4 colours have been announced and released to sale today. 40 basses in total and many are already sold! I may have already snagged myself a blue one thanks to a good friend in the States.... 😉

FB_IMG_1638863473174.jpg

FB_IMG_1638863469329.jpg

FB_IMG_1638863466922.jpg

FB_IMG_1638863464347.jpg

Stunners...makes me wish I had a good friend in the States.

Gotta say, given that Korg said (to me, via email) that they categorically had no plans for a Thunderbird-style bass (and as a plus, Gary and I have been pretty vocal on Facebook boards about these), I am a bit rankled that they're building Euro models for the US market.

I suppose as a species we just crave for the unattainable and that drives the want for one.  Being pragmatic, my money has gone elsewhere this year/generally and consequently I don't have the funds (or perhaps the desire, either) to chase one down.

Sure they look nice, but right now, disappointingly, it's a nah from me.

• Sad 1

I'll just add another thing.  Looking forward to a few stills and videos of these models being sported by guys who look like this and haven't done a gig in years.

[Edit: I am wuvving the fwuffy bwunnie on the sofa.  \m/ ] 

Screenshot_20211208-051400_Facebook.jpg

Edited by NancyJohnson
Gratuitous dig at soft toy on sofa.
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well you know what they say - music without an audience (even a fluffy bunny?) is like a joke without a punch line....

Edited by bloke_zero
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bloke_zero said:

Well you know what they say - music without an audience (even a fluffy bunny?) is like a joke without a punch line....

Agree. As a living room player, I am always performing for my neighbours. They cannot see me, but I know that they can hear me 😉 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I'll just add another thing.  Looking forward to a few stills and videos of these models being sported by guys who look like this and haven't done a gig in years.

Screenshot_20211208-051400_Facebook.jpg

Actually, that's my good friend Mike and he

a) regularly gigs

b) just does these vids for fun

c) is a fantastic bloke

d) is filming in his 'family' front room

• Like 2

I recently posted this on another bass thread...

17 hours ago, Al Krow said:

It's sometimes really refreshing having a break from a particular bass, which you know deep down is a treasure but may have become a little aurally stale from being constantly played. When you come back to it, you get that "oh yeah, that's why I fell in love with that bass!" 

Had that with my Spector recently - set it on bridge pup and started playing notes on the low E and B strings. My initial thoughts were that there must be something up with the amp as it was not coming through perfectly clean. And then it twigged, there was no problem with anything. Just that delicious Spector growl! 

...and got light-hearted quip that I should get signed up by Spector's marketing dept. My thoughts (following @cetera's format):

a) absolutely love to if they pay me;

b) I really ought to do more vids for fun;

c) the Euro 5LX is a fantastic bass and he'd know exactly what I was talking about if he had one;

d) I did once do a Showreel in my 'family' front room...

😊

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Man, that's tempting but I guess this guy could make a broom sound amazing 😉 

Why only for the US, esp. as the basses are made in the Czech Republic? 🥴

He (Nate) has a job with Source Audio too - you should check out his videos of the various pedals - he goes through a selection of basses, settings and styles - he makes them all sound amazeballs.

Edited by Daz39
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Oh, and in relation to the thread "how many basses are too many?" 

After much extensive research and deep thought on the matter, I've worked out that the right answer, no question, is:

"One more than cetera has."

One more than I have..... or one more than I'm about to have ;) 🤣

Edited by cetera

14 minutes ago, cetera said:

One more than I have..... or one more than I'm about to have ;) 🤣

I stand corrected, that's definitely the better general rule! 

Good, glad we've managed to get that one finally sorted. Been distracting me from playing bass for a couple of days... 😄 

• Haha 1

Been having a wee nosey at Spectors recently as I'm just not getting on with my Sire. 

I played a Euro in a shop a while back and liked how straightforward the controls were. Question is, how are the Legends in comparison? Seems you either buy the Legend or go full Euro and that's a BIG price difference!

Ive tried looking for videos but unfortunately most of the them are focused around metal and distortion which I don't really do... 😅 

Edited by BassApprentice

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Been having a wee nosey at Spectors recently as I'm just not getting on with my Sire. 

I played a Euro in a shop a while back and liked how straightforward the controls were. Question is, how are the Legends in comparison? Seems you either buy the Legend or go full Euro and that's a BIG price difference!

Ive tried looking for videos but unfortunately most of the them are focused around metal and distortion which I don't really do... 😅 

I initially started with a Spector Legend Custom, which was the previous top end of  Legend range, and liked it so much I upgraded to an Euro LX5 which I rate very highly. 

Spector revamped and upgraded their Legend line up a couple of years back and the difference between them and the Euro range seems to have blurred, particularly at the top end of the new Legend range, which can retail for > £1k and also be neck through in construction. 

The key difference between the two still, for me, would be better electronics in the Euro range. But I suspect it would be possible to upgrade the new series Legends to match, for less than the price difference. 

• Like 1