Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

9 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Just watched this video on YT. Came across a mysterious Spector. Is it a new model, a custom model or a heavily modded regular model? Check out the video (3:32-3:50).

727076140_MysteriousSpector.thumb.jpg.e0715eaea1c75045b41c80dc6c62253f.jpg

Very interesting Mr. Bond....

Maybe a gold bantam with custom pickguard?

More interested in the HB amp :)

13 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Just watched this video on YT. Came across a mysterious Spector. Is it a new model, a custom model or a heavily modded regular model? Check out the video (3:32-3:50).

727076140_MysteriousSpector.thumb.jpg.e0715eaea1c75045b41c80dc6c62253f.jpg

This was the cheapest entry level Spector approx 10 years ago. The bassist here has added the pickguard.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Noisyjon said:

So, I joined the Spector club the weekend just gone!

This one is a beauty and a great addition to the fold. Cannot wait to rev it up with a band!

20210417_175836486_iOS.jpg

Stunner! Congrats and welcome to the club :)

• Thanks 1

Speaking of addiction, in case you haven't seen my NBD threat, here is my new Forte 4 (EMG PJx, Haz 9V, alder wings, gloss black finish (still quite unusual for the Forte model) and super light). This beast has some serious oomph and infinite sustain. You hit a string and it literally rings forever. Cool stuff. What's best? Early AIC and Queensryche vibes come for free 😎

112999230_SpectorForte4GlossBlack.thumb.jpg.7e0311501c5f82ae0d6ff349830c40eb.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Noisyjon said:

So, I joined the Spector club the weekend just gone!

This one is a beauty and a great addition to the fold. Cannot wait to rev it up with a band!

20210417_175836486_iOS.jpg

Congratulations, welcome to the club! Wonderful new bass you have and I can't recall many Euros that I've seen in this satin blue finish. Looks really nice! Have lots of fun with it! 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Speaking of addiction, in case you haven't seen my NBD threat, here is my new Forte 4 (EMG PJx, Haz 9V, alder wings, gloss black finish (still quite unusual for the Forte model) and super light). This beast has some serious oomph and infinite sustain. You hit a string and it literally rings forever. Cool stuff. What's best? Early AIC and Queensryche vibes come for free 😎

112999230_SpectorForte4GlossBlack.thumb.jpg.7e0311501c5f82ae0d6ff349830c40eb.jpg

Congrats here, too 🙂 I took pleasure of your NSD thread and it looks like a fabulous instrument, quite a lot for a 'Forte' (seems like most of the Fortes  are really NS-2/5/6 minus the crown pearl inlays)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulhauser said:

Congrats here, too 🙂 I took pleasure of your NSD thread and it looks like a fabulous instrument, quite a lot for a 'Forte' (seems like most of the Fortes  are really NS-2/5/6 minus the crown pearl inlays)

Cheers, mate. "Normal" Fortes come with matte finishes and the Aguilar OBP-2 or Darkglass TC preamp. However, upgrades such as the Haz 9V or 18V and nowadays gloss finishes are possible (BD recently had a Forte 5 in gloss plum crazy). I think even crown inlays are doable but I quite like the "naked" no-frills look. However, fancy wood tops are still a no-no for the Forte.   

44 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Cheers, mate. "Normal" Fortes come with matte finishes and the Aguilar OBP-2 or Darkglass TC preamp. However, upgrades such as the Haz 9V or 18V and nowadays gloss finishes are possible (BD recently had a Forte 5 in gloss plum crazy). I think even crown inlays are doable but I quite like the "naked" no-frills look. However, fancy wood tops are still a no-no for the Forte.   

This is my Forte 6. I think it has quite a fancy top (but opinions may vary) , so yes, nothing is really impossible with these. And I love the plain ebony board on this one. 

IMG_0755.thumb.JPG.3a010b2e0df29280b14a8d01af7bb104.JPG

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Paulhauser said:

This is my Forte 6. I think it has quite a fancy top (but opinions may vary) , so yes, nothing is really impossible with these. And I love the plain ebony board on this one. 

IMG_0755.thumb.JPG.3a010b2e0df29280b14a8d01af7bb104.JPG

Wow. That looks great and yes, this is the proof that nothing is impossible. Congrats!

2 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Wow. That looks great and yes, this is the proof that nothing is impossible. Congrats!

Thank you. It has an ash back btw and since the pic was taken I have put in X series 45TWs. There is a NBD thread about this bass that I done back when I got it. 

• Like 1

I noticed the other day that my Spector Shortys have differently shaped headstocks.  One was built in 2011, the other in 2015.  The end of the headstock on the 2011 is entirely flat and that on the 2015 is bevelled/angled from front to back (please see the images).  I've no idea why this is the case or whether it's something that is more common on the later Shortys.  I think it's quite a nice aesthetic touch.  Anybody have any idea why the change might have been made? 

1F0D329F-85A0-47B3-B54C-9A73E1777538.jpeg

0267C243-8424-49F1-888E-AFF0CDB4161F.jpeg

15 hours ago, three said:

I noticed the other day that my Spector Shortys have differently shaped headstocks.  One was built in 2011, the other in 2015.  The end of the headstock on the 2011 is entirely flat and that on the 2015 is bevelled/angled from front to back (please see the images).  I've no idea why this is the case or whether it's something that is more common on the later Shortys.  I think it's quite a nice aesthetic touch.  Anybody have any idea why the change might have been made? 

While I don't know the specific reason for the change I can say that US Spectors seem to have some differences even within the same modell lineage. My current two NS-5XLs have differently carved neck heels, different headstock depth, peghead angle and body top carve. Also the neck profile is slightly different. The basses are three years and 97 serial numbers away from each other.....

• Thanks 1