thundachopz

Spector fans!?!

50B9990F-9E0F-4364-93D2-20C7B33B3338.thumb.jpeg.a04a54ccac370ecfaeb981cd95448664.jpeg
This was it on eBay last time...

4C22540B-CFAC-444B-BDD6-50ADF329B891.jpeg.b022f07485c95c5669dde1397771ed8f.jpeg

Long shot - do any of the Spectorphiles on here know of an SSD NS-94 with LED’s in the fingerboard.

It was on eBay a good few years ago, but in about 2000/01 it was mine and I always wanted it back.

This isn’t it - but it looked very similar.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

That's very bling Andy.  I didn't know you were that kind of girl :o

2 minutes ago, ead said:

That's very bling Andy.  I didn't know you were that kind of girl :o

When I was 16/17 I was game for anything 

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2020 at 13:03, Dov65 said:

Received on Monday past...a lovely pair 🙂..

20201029_115945.jpg

Congratulations! Awesome pair, how much of a sonic difference is there between the two? The pu positions seem to be the same even with traditional P / reversed P config. 

41 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

Congratulations! Awesome pair, how much of a sonic difference is there between the two? The pu positions seem to be the same even with traditional P / reversed P config. 

+1 ^^ both to congrats (they look fantastic) and to trad P vs reverse P config question! 

• Like 1

And more importantly are either/both good for metal?

1 hour ago, ead said:

Surely ALL Spectors are? 😄 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Surely ALL Spectors are? 😄 

Good point, well made.

3 hours ago, ead said:

Well???........,  we prefer the term hard rock rather than metal, but this one seems ok so far?

IMG_20200902_170418.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue
  • Like 4

Not too sure if I’ve already posted this one on the thread . My trusty old 1987 Kramer NS2 , this was specially built alongside Doug’s (Wimbish) amber bass at the Neptune workshop , purchased direct from the company .

4C2A9207-A7B9-4E04-A58A-546B60289A0C.jpeg

F7DBECBD-8838-4555-BE88-18E2D69D037E.jpeg

611E2C32-D39D-4102-8DDD-CBC6DFD7D897.jpeg

488E17C9-C528-4AFB-A574-8252BBDA8FDF.jpeg

Edited by BritBass 2
  • Like 3

Just now, BritBass 2 said:

Not too sure if I’ve already posted this one on the thread . My trusty old 1987 Kramer NS2 , this was specially built alongside Dough’s (Wimbish) amber bass at the Neptune workshop , purchased direct from the company .

4C2A9207-A7B9-4E04-A58A-546B60289A0C.jpeg

F7DBECBD-8838-4555-BE88-18E2D69D037E.jpeg

611E2C32-D39D-4102-8DDD-CBC6DFD7D897.jpeg

488E17C9-C528-4AFB-A574-8252BBDA8FDF.jpeg

Oh my god. That’s wonderful 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh my god. That’s wonderful 

Thank you . Although Spector has changed ownership several times (Brooklyn/Kramer/Woodstock/Korg )the quality throughout the company’s history has always remained consistent. , each period  having a loyal following .As with Doug , we both agree that 1987 was a great time for Spector , the neck profiles on the Neptune instruments were slightly different to later Woodstock models . 

3 minutes ago, BritBass 2 said:

Thank you . Although Spector has changed ownership several times (Brooklyn/Kramer/Woodstock/Korg )the quality throughout the company’s history has always remained consistent. , each period  having a loyal following .As with Doug , we both agree that 1987 was a great time for Spector , the neck profiles on the Neptune instruments were slightly different to later Woodstock models . 

So @BritBass 2 is that yours in the original advert - the grain looks remarkably similar.

Its in great Nick too!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

So @BritBass 2 is that yours in the original advert - the grain looks remarkably similar.

Its in great Nick too!

Yes , it’s the one in the ad . Over the years the company have featured it on various promotional literature  . 

023E5192-C275-4B2F-994D-A86D00D663AC.png

3 minutes ago, BritBass 2 said:

Yes , it’s the one in the ad . Over the years the company have featured it on various promotional literature  . 

Beautiful! I wonder how it looks now. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

Beautiful! I wonder how it looks now. 

The photos  were  taken during lockdown.

55879A1F-F9B3-450F-B32F-47D655C63C14.jpeg

Edited by BritBass 2
  • Like 3

Pickup position in both basses are exactly the same at the split, Hill's reversed pups have a slightly brighter E & A where the D & G loose a bit edge seems more balanced out all in but mind the Hill uses EMG's compared to the 77's Dimarzio's. The 77's neck feels more slicker but could be put down to having a satin like finish compared to a painted neck, all in i couldn't pick a better one out of the two...both hold there own. Just need a Wimbish now or a p/j Hill and i'll be happy. By the way both are good for thrash metal never mind heavy metal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BritBass 2 said:

Thanks, I thought at first glance they were the original pics from the ad. 

11 hours ago, BritBass 2 said:

55879A1F-F9B3-450F-B32F-47D655C63C14.jpeg

Wow. Wow. Wow. This is THE best looking finish on a Spector I have ever seen. AMAZING 😍🤩🥰

The finish on that bass is stunning..is it Amber ?. Aaaa just put ma specks on it is Amber

Edited by Dov65
Couldn't find spectacles