Jump to content
thundachopz

Spector fans!?!

Recommended Posts

Just now, bakerster135 said:

Phew! Thank you...I was properly uhmming and ahing over that one and it would've got me in right shiz! 😆

Andertons still has two in stock. Go for it. You only live once 😎 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Andertons still has two in stock. Go for it. You only live once 😎 

The Anderton ones are gloss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The Anderton ones are gloss.

Sorry, we're talking about this one that Eldon has bought, not the matte one Dov65 went for

Edited by bakerster135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bakerster135 said:

Sorry, we're talking about this one that Eldon has bought, not the matte one 

Ah, I see. Apologies.

I’m new to all this Spector malarkey, but the Fishman’s sound interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The £2,719 ones at Andertons don't have the Fishman pick-up's. No images, just a spec list showing Bartolini's.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The £2,719 ones at Andertons don't have the Fishman pick-up's. No images, just a spec list showing Bartolini's.

I am sure they mean the new LT with the Fishman pickups as the Black Fade/Faded black model comes with both Fishman pickups and preamp. It is a limited edition and only 50 were made: 

Check from 3:13. Interestingly, the prototype looks quite different from the actually released bass. I think the actual bass looks much, much better as the prototype had a "naked" back. The specs also differ from the other LTs (red, blue, tiger eye and violet). Andertons probably just copied and pasted the text from the normal LT (it also says gold hardware and Darkglass preamp) and currently shows the official list price. B&M show the NAMM prototype but also give the wrong specs. Again a case of copy& paste. https://www.bandm.co.uk/spector-bass-euro-4lt-black-fade-gloss.html

From https://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2020/01/spector-bass-model-updates-and-signature-models-for-namm-2020/

Euro LT – Faded Black – Limited Edition

  • Limited Edition Euro LT
  • Figured Maple top; Weight-relived Paulownia body
  • Ebony Fingerboard; Fishman Fluence Pickups & Circuit

4-String – MAP $2,599.99
5-String – MAP $2,699.99

 

From Spector:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSpector/posts/new-for-2020-the-spector-euro-lt-faded-black-limited-edition-last-year-spector-d/10158208184954206/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....and my "NS5CRFM -TX"

Tonepump Pre & single coil / humbucker option on each pickup.....

IMG_20200514_164902.jpg.0d728d84f9deac198cdeaeb7a8dc11f0 (1).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! What an introduction to your Spector bass journey - congratulations!

EMG 40TW pups with the single coil / humbucker options for both?

This thread has gotta take the biscuit for the amount of GAS induced spending on a particular brand of basses, right?! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Got my first Spector yesterday. Euro 5lx in Matt black and blue. Absolutely love it. So addictive and so beautifully finished. 

DSC_0156.thumb.JPG.594fe8e59cc5b5eccff70c80eeb7b69a.JPG

Lovely m8 👍..i got the black & blue 4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the Fishman pick-up equipped Euro 4 LT?

Yes, also very keen to hear about this! Especially vs the standard EMG P/J setup

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Got my first Spector yesterday. Euro 5lx in Matt black and blue. Absolutely love it. So addictive and so beautifully finished. 

 

Welcome to the club! Prepare for an addiction.... ;)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the Fishman pick-up equipped Euro 4 LT?

 

39 minutes ago, bakerster135 said:

Yes, also very keen to hear about this! Especially vs the standard EMG P/J setup

 

I have bought Euro LT with the FF pickups but have not received it yet. I decided to have the front pickup replaced with the Mike Inez Fishman Fluence Legacy Series pickup. This will be my second AIC bass (in addition to the Mike Starr Euro LE with the Haz 9V). I hope to receive the bass next week. My brain still says that the bass is way too expensive for a Euro; however, it really looks killer and when it comes to Spector basses my brain does not seem to have much say anyway 😉

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a spector rebop on facebook group for £600-700 at moment. Looks nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Wow! What an introduction to your Spector bass journey - congratulations!

EMG 40TW pups with the single coil / humbucker options for both?

This thread has gotta take the biscuit for the amount of GAS induced spending on a particular brand of basses, right?! 

Cheers Al. EMG 40dcs. 

Yeah I've spent a hell of a lot of time gawping.... Plays amazingly well.... Even the wife's impressed by it, bit not sure I'll get another through the door in the next year... 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Cheers Al. EMG 40dcs. 

Yeah I've spent a hell of a lot of time gawping.... Plays amazingly well.... Even the wife's impressed by it, bit not sure I'll get another through the door in the next year... 😆

Haha - not only will you not need another Spector (obviously avoid speaking to @Eldon Tyrelland certainly don't ever discuss these things with @cetera!) you could well find it's really an effective GAS killer when it comes to other brand basses: I've not come across a bass yet in the same price bracket I'd want to trade my Euro 5LX for! Enjoy. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Haha - not only will you not need another Spector (obviously avoid speaking to @Eldon Tyrelland certainly don't ever discuss these things with @cetera!) you could well find it's really an effective GAS killer when it comes to other brand basses: I've not come across a bass yet in the same price bracket I'd want to trade my Euro 5LX for! Enjoy. 

Wish you were right, @Al Krow Unfortunately, I still want the Yamaha BB Peter Hook signature bass (huge JD and NO fan), an EBMM Stingray Classic in natural (as a Bernard Edwards Tribute bass) and a P bass (as my Motown and Stax bass, already got the Fender Pure Vintage 63 pickup for it). However, knowing me, I will get all these basses and then sell them to finance (a) Spector bass(es). I've already done it many times before (with Fender, EBMM, G&L, Lakland and Dingwall basses) 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Wish you were right, @Al Krow Unfortunately, I still want the Yamaha BB Peter Hook signature bass (huge JD and NO fan), an EBMM Stingray Classic in natural (as a Bernard Edwards Tribute bass) and a P bass (as my Motown and Stax bass, already got the Fender Pure Vintage 63 pickup for it). However, knowing me, I will get all these basses and then sell them to finance (a) Spector bass(es). I've already done it many times before (with Fender, EBMM, G&L, Lakland and Dingwall basses) 😎

Get those itches scratched Mr T!

You in a band?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Get those itches scratched Mr T!

You in a band?

Nope, I am only "performing" in our living room for my wife and our neighbours 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spector fans, what's happening? I finally got the gold bridge for the 77 (after almost 7 months! I already got the gold tuners). I know from the "what puts you off" thread that several members don't like gold hardware; however, I think it fits this bass perfectly. It really goes very well with the brown of the walnut wings and the beige of the maple neck. 

Before:

746134965_SpectorEuro1977LE.thumb.jpg.96415023181c1c4eb72c20634b5eba33.jpg

 

After:

1388135685_SpectorEuro1977LEGold.thumb.jpg.c2d8c2060bc3034296161e885ef906d0.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interesting.  I do agree that the chrome one look a bit 'sudden' on the '77LE and thinking about replacing the ones on my bass with black items.  Gold look great though...

...but I'd need a set for my 79LE too so looking more expensive by the minute :(

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are people that detest gold hardware, but on the right wood, I think it just looks great. Nicely done 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ead said:

Interesting.  I do agree that the chrome one look a bit 'sudden' on the '77LE and thinking about replacing the ones on my bass with black items.  Gold look great though...

...but I'd need a set for my 79LE too so looking more expensive by the minute :(

I agree, black would look great too.

I know tuners, bridges and strap buttons cost some money, especially for two basses, but it is worth it 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I know there are people that detest gold hardware, but on the right wood, I think it just looks great. Nicely done 👍

I agree. It all depends on how well hardware and wood or finish work together.

Red basses also do not seem to be overly popular. Well, red is my fav colour and I was browsing ebay and spotted this great looking Euro. Unfortunately, it seems to be a bit on the heavy side 😉

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spector-Euro-4-Lx-Red-Used-18Kg-Interest-Rate-0/363072832115?hash=item5488d3c273:g:8ioAAOSw2sBfITy4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By nickireckless
      ***Please delete if outside EU is against the rules (I checked the faq but haven't seen anything about it) ****
      Up for sale is a decent 2004 Spector Euro with sold maple wings, EMGs and TonePump preamp.
      Great/excellent condition fresh setup/overal check and fresh Rotosound RS66LDs (Sept 17.)
      I will ship in the original hard shell case for the buyers expense.
      Located in Florida.
       












    • By jackreacher193
      Hi all, this is my first post!
      I've got the attached spector bass, bought in UK about 20 years ago! Think its a basic model. Sadly it's sat in garage for most of that time and needs probably £80 spent on it for a service and new strings.
      I've seen the attached Farida FJB20 jazz bass for sale for £250 and wondered if the extra £170 for this bass would give me something substantially better?


    • By rkw1985
      Beautiful Czech-made Spector 5-String from the early days of the Czech factory. I don't know a great deal about it as I bought it second-hand from the Bass Cellar in Camden a number of years ago, but as far as I'm aware it is a 1998 or 1999 model. There is a 4-digit serial number in the cavity (1385) and the Spector website says these early models cannot be dated from the SN. 

      Photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c33c7uetzjj504z/AAB78HsE0yOOshxi_e5rFS0ka?dl=0

      EDIT - sound samples here: 

      Looking for £1000 £800 ono . In terms of trade I’d be interested in a Japanese Les Paul custom, eg burny/greco/tokai.

      Will ship at buyer’s expense to the UK. If I find someone who is interested I’ll make appropriate arrangements to get it shipping ready, including sorting out a hardcase - i have no need for a hardcase  unless there’s a buyer so it’s a little chicken and egg! 
    • By madshadows
      Just a heads up that Andertons are doing an epic deal on Spector basses  
      Spector
       
      John 😎 
    • By SaimoN
      Hi!
      Spector Euro 5 LX in black for sale here. Serial no NB5640, produced in 2006 (according to guys from Spector company). It has maple/alder/walnut body, maple neck, brass nut & bridge. Powered by 2x EMG 40DC pickups + EMG BQC preamp.
      Included with this bass: 2x EMG 40J + 1x EMG 40P pickups, modded TonePump preamp (18V, added stacked bypass, one pot needs to be replaced unfortunatelly...), and SKB case.
      The polish has many scratches due to heavy gigging by me & previous owners. Other things are working well - electronics are fine (original pickups, preamp installed in 2017). Truss rod, bridge, tuners - all are working fine.
      For sound samples please visit my YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Ji5eXF2PeRd_1gOiTLOzA
       







×
×
  • Create New...