Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

2 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

The NS-4 has the EMG 35P4 in the neck and the DC in the bridge position. Great combo.

Good to hear! As a funny coincidence I was placing an order for the EMG 40DCX to see / hear what difference it would bring by replacing the bridge J in this one:

09F3ED9B-49A7-4DC5-B3FA-BE7FA5B94799.thumb.jpeg.5edf90ddfe2002d9a4f3d869a22cc8da.jpeg

Since the body is full maple I swapped the original DCs a good few years back for an X series 40P and 40J combination, so it's like the classic PJ Spector in 5 string version. 

The P has such a bigger output than the J that I had to lower the P quite a bit and make the J as close to the strings as possible to get an even balance. 

Sounds killer and have been using it for many years now like this but thought about trying a DC in the bridge position (the original DCs are gone) 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, mario_buoninfante said:

Yes, I saw these. I mean, they look interesting and very artistic, but you really must be a die-hard graffiti fanboy or girl to cough up $8k for one of them.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2024 at 17:15, Paulhauser said:

Good to hear! As a funny coincidence I was placing an order for the EMG 40DCX to see / hear what difference it would bring by replacing the bridge J in this one:

09F3ED9B-49A7-4DC5-B3FA-BE7FA5B94799.thumb.jpeg.5edf90ddfe2002d9a4f3d869a22cc8da.jpeg

Since the body is full maple I swapped the original DCs a good few years back for an X series 40P and 40J combination, so it's like the classic PJ Spector in 5 string version. 

The P has such a bigger output than the J that I had to lower the P quite a bit and make the J as close to the strings as possible to get an even balance. 

Sounds killer and have been using it for many years now like this but thought about trying a DC in the bridge position (the original DCs are gone) 

That colour looks incredible with the gold hardware. What colour is it?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

That colour looks incredible with the gold hardware. What colour is it?

This bass orginially had a natural finish (see below) , the pink / magenta color is the result of a refinish that I had done. It is a pre-LX Euro5, made in the early 2000's with full maple wings.

IMG_0463.thumb.JPG.85ec8e63adbc5068b89e6393974437a1.JPG

• Like 3

I have been thinking a while to install a set of wall hangers and keep my basses there instead of the rack stands. 
Not that I thought they are better or such but I have a suitable ( = empty) wall in my home office and this way I can see them in their full beauty. 

Ordered a dozen or so hangers from Th, put them on a board that was lying around since the last garden remodelling and installed them on the wall.

There's going to be another on the wall facing this, albeit only for 4 basses. 

I'll paint it as I just kept the wood as it is since I wasn't sure if I get every measurements and placements right (both the hangers and on the wall) so I can cover extra holes and such later with the stain+ clear coat. 

But seems like first time is the charm and everything fits and placed just the way it's logiacal and comfortable. 

Anyway, I put my Spectors there and also realized I never took a group shot of them so here they are 😉 🙂

Spectorwallshot.thumb.jpg.6a8f675147b233fbee5db06586b4a793.jpg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Would appear that the collective description of Spectors is a hanging.

No, that's what would happen to me if I were to contemplate a collection of Spectors at the minute...

• Haha 4

Aesthetically I feel that the red one should be in the middle flanked by the two white ones, moving the 3rd from the right one space further to the right. 

Just restrung my LT5 with Rotosounds and intonated and set up the bass and I love the bridge on these basses!

Firstly no screws for adjusting the intonation! Instead I can use an Allan key, the saddles actually move when you adjust the intonation and it's the quickest and possibly first time ever I've managed to intonate a low B in tune!

Then there's the sound of the bass with the Swing Bass Strings. Really brings the bass to life and it really sings! 

Also ended up getting a Hiscox case for it and it's pretty much a perfect fit for it, if anyone else is wondering about cases! 

Not sure if I should have created a new post but thought it might be best to ask it here.

Does anyone have any experience with the Euro 4X? Wondered what size it is in comparison to a Gibson thunderbird. Love the Spector sound but always thought they were too small (NS2 etc). Was hoping the 4X was a bigger bass size wise for a big dude.

The 4X is definitely a bigger body, like a Gibson. The shorter headstock on the Spector makes it less unwieldy and very comfortable, though there is still an element of the typical TBird neck dive.

52 minutes ago, cetera said:

The 4X is definitely a bigger body, like a Gibson. The shorter headstock on the Spector makes it less unwieldy and very comfortable, though there is still an element of the typical TBird neck dive.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Seems that original Badass bridges are available again.

Is it possible to have an Euro Classic routed for those? I know that some were made in the past years with customer-supplied bridges