Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

3 minutes ago, cetera said:

Just to clarify. It is the Ian Hill neck shape (1.64 nut).

The info on the webpage is a poor cut and paste by Bass Direct ;)

Well, no @ceteraneck shape then 😞 

However, the Xs having the Ian Hill neck shape means that I am tempted now 🙂 

Do the Xs have any body/arm contours or are they slab bodies (like e.g. the new Gibson Rex Brown sig Tbird shown below)?

1790575709_GibsonRexBrownTBird.thumb.jpg.5c11aa2dcfe8a0bec89bc1b0aa1c925a.jpg

5 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Do the Xs have any body/arm contours or are they slab bodies (like e.g. the new Gibson Rex Brown sig Tbird shown below)?

They have a slab front and a very slight belly chamfer on the back

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I am thinking of unleashing my inner Mike Inez (Alice in Chains). I've seen some good deals at the moment on the Performer 4 and the Legend 4. One is made in Indonesia, the other in Korea. The Indo one has a reverse P config, the Korean Legend one doesn't. I've seen some demos that suggest both models could do with a pickup and electronics upgrade.

Apart from the finishes, any suggestions of one v the other?

Edited by barrycreed

2 hours ago, barrycreed said:

Hi guys. I am thinking of unleashing my inner Mike Inez (Alice in Chains). I've seen some good deals at the moment on the Performer 4 and the Legend 4. One is made in Indonesia, the other in Korea. The Indo one has a reverse P config, the Korean Legend one doesn't. I've seen some demos that suggest both models could do with a pickup and electronics upgrade.

I'm fairly new to Spector basses myself but I do own a Euro LT4 with the Bartolini/Darkglass combination and I absolutely adore the bass and tone from it. The deals on the performer and legend look ideal. May be worth saving for a little longer and picking up a used Euro/Rebop/Eurobolt which may suit you better? There is a rebop on here: 

Good luck, Andy

1 hour ago, andy67 said:

I'm fairly new to Spector basses myself but I do own a Euro LT4 with the Bartolini/Darkglass combination and I absolutely adore the bass and tone from it. The deals on the performer and legend look ideal. May be worth saving for a little longer and picking up a used Euro/Rebop/Eurobolt which may suit you better? There is a rebop on here: 

Good luck, Andy

Thanks for the shout, Andy!

• Like 1

I'd check out the new Pulse II. Fantastic value for money, especially if you upgrade the TP Jr to a full TP or EMG BTS. Next one up from that (without heading into the fantastic Euro territory) is the Ethos which is also excellent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cetera said:

I'd check out the new Pulse II. Fantastic value for money, especially if you upgrade the TP Jr to a full TP or EMG BTS. Next one up from that (without heading into the fantastic Euro territory) is the Ethos which is also excellent.

I do like the look of those Ethos basses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cetera said:

Does your Pulse II have the Junior TP in still or have you swapped it out and what do you think of the bass?

3 minutes ago, ead said:

Does your Pulse II have the Junior TP in still or have you swapped it out and what do you think of the bass?

It sounded great but I felt like I just needed a bit more low mid oomph/heft and wanted to pull it into line with some of my other Spectors so I upgraded it to full TP.

I love the bass. The roasted maple satin neck is VERY playable and the bass feels and sounds great. Decent price point on these too....

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cetera said:

It sounded great but I felt like I just needed a bit more low mid oomph/heft and wanted to pull it into line with some of my other Spectors so I upgraded it to full TP.

I love the bass. The roasted maple satin neck is VERY playable and the bass feels and sounds great. Decent price point on these too....

Sorely tempted TBH.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 16:58, barrycreed said:

I've got a red flamed Euro LT4 too, Barts and Darkglass circuit.  I think one of the selling points is that it's got a chambered body so it's a bit lighter.

I like it, but I don't use it at all.  If you're interested check the for sale ads.  Hard case!  Drop-D tuner!  Dunlop Straploks! Minty fresh! What what!

20191007_200336.thumb.jpg.018cfac27cca317c7a4e9d8625e1c901.jpg

Edited by NancyJohnson
  • Like 6

Spector fans! Great to see action here again 🙂 

Last month, I got the Japan-only Euro 4 LX Ras Layer in the cool twilight amber finish. It is Layer's (see last photo) signature bass (bassist and singer in the Japanese rock band Raise a Suilen (RAS)). It comes with the Darkglass Tone Capsule and a RAS branded semi-hard case (plus COA and a fretboard protector (see photos below)). Great bass but it has the Euro typical neck shape, which is a bit too chunky for my taste. I prefer the (Ian Hill) thin neck specs. Should have asked the Japanese retailer to take measurements. Well, lesson learned. I thought of keeping it as a collector's item but now have my eyes on some other basses. So, if someone wants to add it to his or collection, then please send me a PM. Cheers. 

1636506369_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_InfoSheet.thumb.jpg.e44af94331ebb997ca81f090b4193219.jpg 1190924764_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_II.thumb.jpg.9048f7c0b81e0923658718b9bdcaccfe.jpg

925978722_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_Gigbag.thumb.jpg.647002112c14e40981659d101f07ec7f.jpg  1252454728_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_Overview.jpg.6f862ac4a5202a78067018691bef8c45.jpg  378123647_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_Raychell.thumb.jpg.5b631192c0012a453601b6fc234b6bf7.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Spector fans! Great to see action here again 🙂 

Last month, I got the Japan-only Euro 4 LX Ras Layer in the cool twilight amber finish. It is Layer's (see last photo) signature bass (bassist and singer in the Japanese rock band Raise a Suilen (RAS)). It comes with the Darkglass Tone Capsule and a RAS branded semi-hard case (plus COA and a fretboard protector (see photos below)). Great bass but it has the Euro typical neck shape, which is a bit too chunky for my taste. I prefer the (Ian Hill) thin neck specs. Should have asked the Japanese retailer to take measurements. Well, lesson learned. I thought of keeping it as a collector's item but now have my eyes on some other basses. So, if someone wants to add it to his or collection, then please send me a PM. Cheers. 

1636506369_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_InfoSheet.thumb.jpg.e44af94331ebb997ca81f090b4193219.jpg 1190924764_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_II.thumb.jpg.9048f7c0b81e0923658718b9bdcaccfe.jpg

925978722_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_Gigbag.thumb.jpg.647002112c14e40981659d101f07ec7f.jpg  1252454728_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_Overview.jpg.6f862ac4a5202a78067018691bef8c45.jpg  378123647_36.SpectorEuro4LXRasLayerTwilightAmber_Raychell.thumb.jpg.5b631192c0012a453601b6fc234b6bf7.jpg

Does the girl come with it? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apart from the limited number of strings, that is a really nice looking finish on that bass (and the case is rather good too).

I presume that is the.. signitor? artist in the photo? looks different to her drawing.

I presume the fretboard protector is just a shipping thing, I can't imagine using it again!

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Apart from the limited number of strings, that is a really nice looking finish on that bass (and the case is rather good too).

I presume that is the.. signitor? artist in the photo? looks different to her drawing.

I presume the fretboard protector is just a shipping thing, I can't imagine using it again!

The first photo shows the fictional character Layer as portraited in the anime and video games.

The last photo shows Layer as represented in the live band (portrayed by the artist Raychell).

Here is a clip of RAS. They definitely have a lot of fans in Japan 😉