Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

4 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Agree, glossy spots on matte finishes drive me nuts and that's why I only have basses with gloss finishes now 

5 hours ago, Paulhauser said:

Me too, they got it really right, my only issue is the matte finish, would have loved it high gloss.... (all my satin finishes glosses up where my hand rubs against the finish )

Much prefer a satin finish myself :D

• Like 1

For me, I have the best of both worlds. A satin Forte 4, and a gloss Forte 4. Both loaded with EMGx pups, both beautiful, both irreplaceable and both absolutely stunning to play. Spector all the way ☺️

PS If interested, I’ve named them (from left to right) Thunder Child and Stormbringer.

DE99AFE9-0C9D-4BA7-B389-FA8051AC662B.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, cetera said:

That purple one 'Stormbringer' is beautiful 😍

Gotta agree mate, just stunning, but Thunder Child has a real understated beauty. So uber happy with both. A total convert. 

How’s you mate? Doing well I hope. I may be back on FB again soon, so watch out 😂 The break has been so good, so we’ll see how long it lasts. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

Gotta agree mate, just stunning, but Thunder Child has a real understated beauty. So uber happy with both. A total convert. 

How’s you mate? Doing well I hope. I may be back on FB again soon, so watch out 😂 The break has been so good, so we’ll see how long it lasts. 

All good bud!
Counting my pennies for some more Spector purchases ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattbass6 said:

For me, I have the best of both worlds. A satin Forte 4, and a gloss Forte 4. Both loaded with EMGx pups, both beautiful, both irreplaceable and both absolutely stunning to play. Spector all the way ☺️

PS If interested, I’ve named them (from left to right) Thunder Child and Stormbringer.

DE99AFE9-0C9D-4BA7-B389-FA8051AC662B.jpeg

Cool stuff. Your Thunder Child looks very familiar. Have you recently purchased it used from BD by chance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, it was mine. I'll send you a PM will all the info I've got. It is a special bass. I hope you will enjoy playing it 👍

Fantastic. I absolutely love it. Took to

it immediately. It is a special bass and any extra information you have would thankfully received ☺️

1 minute ago, mattbass6 said:

Fantastic. I absolutely love it. Took to

it immediately. It is a special bass and any extra information you have would thankfully received ☺️

Already working on the PM 🙂

Only two Fortes were ever made in this darker version of the Vintage Tint finish (2 more had a lighter version of the VT finish, so only four were made in total). You now have one (#168), Spector's former VC, PJ Rubal, has the other one (#169):  http://www.vintagespector.com/woodstock-forte.html

• Like 3

See this has now got me singing come on “thunder child” from War of the Worlds. As did your last post about “Stormbringer” coming…..

I need to either stop reading your posts or countering with:

Vigier Passion - Purple Rain

Spector 40th - Blue on Black

Vigier Excess - Behind Blue Eyes

Ricky 4003 - Eat the Rich

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just arrived! This new NS Pulse II looks, feels and sounds awesome... the roasted maple neck & ebony board are lush! They've really nailed it with this model...👍🎸😎
Here are before & after inlay sticker application photos....
Looking forward to giving it a full run out through the GK800RB tonight!😀

20220426_135405.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 9

Wish they did the Pulse 2 in gloss though. Everything else is great, but that finish is just going to get trashed pretty quickly for many.

Yes one can 'be careful'......but at some point, that won't be enough.

Si

13 minutes ago, cetera said:

Just arrived! This new NS Pulse II looks, feels and sounds awesome... the roasted maple neck & ebony board are lush! They've really nailed it with this model...👍🎸😎

20220426_135405.jpg

Looks so much better with the crown inlays.....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cetera said:

20220426_135405.jpg

Nice. I have to say I think it looks better without the stickers 😎

So arriving today was my newly purchased 2nd hand 90’s NS94. Advertised as having a BTS circuit it actually turns out its a Mighty Mite Haz pre amp!  However, there is an issue - the blend knob only seems to do anything in the fully clockwise position which presumably is the bridge pup. Turning it full counter clockwise gets no sound at all even with volume fully up so gets its either a pre amp fault or neck pup fault. Will get it off to the menders for a full set up anyway but here is a quick guts shot

11D5DD24-250C-4679-AF23-223444A6FFCB.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cetera said:

20220426_135405.jpg

That looks very lovely. I do prefer it without the stickers, but it ain’t my bass 😉 Is the neck rounded like the Euro Bolts? Any chance of seeing the neck please? That colour is lush. Happy NBD ☺️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

That looks very lovely. I do prefer it without the stickers, but it ain’t my bass 😉

If I had your lovely purple Forte I'd add the crown inlays personally! Lol! 😉🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

Wish they did the Pulse 2 in gloss though. Everything else is great, but that finish is just going to get trashed pretty quickly for many.

Yes one can 'be careful'......but at some point, that won't be enough.

I ended up without getting the dimension because I could only find the brown gloss one, rather than the matte green one. Always prefer the matte.

I like that - I liked the previous pulse too, with the red finish, one day if one wanders past cheap I might get it, although I have the euro now, so probably not needed!

• Like 1