Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

On 08/03/2022 at 17:15, Woodinblack said:

Its hard to capture its greenness really - in the sun it really glows

Finally getting a chance to play it, it seems rather good!

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

So looking at this pic, it has solid maple wings and No walnut section? And by the date/EMG pre, makes it a Euro CR5FM- same as the natural one I had.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

It has solid maple with no walnut, but the preamp is a replacement. The serial indicates it is a 2001 euro

So yes it's a CR5FM they originally came with Aguilar OBP1 preamp IIRC.

Check out Spector's Woodstock Custom Collection:

"Introducing the first ever Woodstock Custom Collection: a series of 11 one-of-a-kind Spector instruments.

While each one of these instruments features the legendary NS design, the wood, electronics, aesthetics, and design choices have all been determined by individual members of the Spector team. Many of these instruments also feature all-new options for the Spector USA Custom Shop including matching headstocks, fingerboard binding, unique tonewoods, all new colors and stains, and more.

This initial batch of unique instruments will be available through Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center, Ish Guitars, and Fret Nation beginning on March 10, 2022.

In the coming days we’ll be featuring each one of these instruments in detail. Can’t wait? Jump over to Reverb.com to experience the entire collection now!

https://reverb.com/news/one-of-a-kind-spector-basses-pop-up-on-reverb 

• Like 5

I like a couple of them..... but I don't like the block inlays... or the dots on the fretless. Also the bottom of a couple of them isn't rounded enough and looks strange...

Interesting ideas though....

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cetera said:

I like a couple of them..... but I don't like the block inlays... or the dots on the fretless. Also the bottom of a couple of them isn't rounded enough and looks strange...

Yeah, the dots on the fretless weren't for me either. The B & W Fade, the one with the Stellartone and the Metallic Gold were my picks.

36 minutes ago, cetera said:

Agree, interesting concept but the look of some of the knobs and the block inlays are not my cup of tea.

My fav:

NS-5_XL_Jeff.thumb.jpg.8f7fdb2aea40ad71961a5a5dc4eb41b7.jpg

Least fav:

NS-1_Adam.thumb.jpg.3aff66fb76df9553df9b7bf43c038e58.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, cetera said:

I'd concur...the crowns are way nicer than blocks/dots.  On the subject of inlays, the first run of Forte basses (NS & 4X) didn't have anything on the board and that worked beautifully.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

This is in as used at BD 😍

F1.thumb.jpg.70add380306553ce6b2f2b3b341c42fd.jpg

BD really takes great photos. I am almost tempted myself even though that's my (now former) bass😎 Got it late Jan this year and only played it at home a bit. It is in showroom condition, absolutely flawless but not what I had envisioned (I talked about it in this thread as well, page 41) and yes, I know I am mad 😉 

So, yes, please go for it @hiram.k.hackenbacker Won't get a brand new NS-2 for such a price ever again (esp. after Spector's recent price hike and the fact that the no-frills Fortes are no more either) 😉 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Agree, interesting concept but the look of some of the knobs and the block inlays are not my cup of tea.

My fav:

NS-5_XL_Jeff.thumb.jpg.8f7fdb2aea40ad71961a5a5dc4eb41b7.jpg

Least fav:

NS-1_Adam.thumb.jpg.3aff66fb76df9553df9b7bf43c038e58.jpg

Im n complete agreenent with this! That 5XL s stunning and actually the only one out of all 11 that I like.

• Like 1