Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

1 hour ago, Paulhauser said:

But you can buy one as there are some still on the market so you can right the wrong 🙂

I know, BD still has one in stock and for a very good price (if you consider what Euros cost nowadays). Unfortunately, I am broke. I recently bought the Timmy C signature bass and that burned a big, big hole into my bass budget. 😞

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I know, BD still has one in stock and for a very good price (if you consider what Euros cost nowadays). Unfortunately, I am broke. I recently bought the Timmy C signature bass and that burned a big, big hole into my bass budget. 😞

That is a really good price, just checked the BD site. Hope you like the TC sig...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paulhauser said:

That is a really good price, just checked the BD site. Hope you like the TC sig...

Yes, cool bass that is a bit of a "best of" Stingray. Classic looks (natural finish and old school bridge, mutes and logo), some features from the current Special (neodymium pickup, 18V preamp (for the active models), the sculpted neck joint and the roasted maple neck) and some new features such as the adjustable finger ramp, the natural finish-black hardware combo and the passive option for a full-scale Stingray). At first, I was a bit concerned about having a passive Stingray but then I plugged it into my Sansamp BDDI and my GK 200w amp and the worries stopped immediately. It sounds massive (especially if you go series mode and engage the boost function). Just ask my neighbours 😉 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bunion said:

Which one did you get? They look really nice

I went for the long-scale and passive model (natural finish and black hardware). It seems to be the most popular of the four as it sold out after just a few days. The black one (log-scale and active) sold out some time later and the two short scale models are still available.

https://shop.music-man.com/instruments.html?instrument_type=5465

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 20:57, Eldon Tyrell said:

BTW, you were right, I am missing my 77 😞 

I have an itch I want to scratch so will be moving on 2 Spector’s later today, I’d stay away from the market place for awhile if I were you, you may hit a bout of depression 😂🤣

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunion said:

I have an itch I want to scratch so will be moving on 2 Spector’s later today, I’d stay away from the market place for awhile if I were you, you may hit a bout of depression 😂🤣

Now I am curious. Of course I will check the marketplace even though I shouldn't. 😎

Speaking of the BC marketplace, there is still a great Euro 4 with solid flame maple wings on offer there. Cannot understand why no one has bought it yet. For a NS-2, solid quilted maple wings (don't know about flame ones) cost $1,499.00 extra (and that was a few years ago, probably even more now).

Anyway, I was really tempted by that Euro but just could not justify buying it (but it was close). I have a NS-2 on order and I am still on the hunt for a Stingray Classic (natural finish and maple fingerboard). Moreover, I have too many basses for a living room player anyway.  Ok, hmm, well, let's see if I can resist your temptations, @Bunion 😉 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bunion said:

3 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Now I am curious. Of course I will check the marketplace even though I shouldn't. 😎

Speaking of the BC marketplace, there is still a great Euro 4 with solid flame maple wings on offer there. Cannot understand why no one has bought it yet. For a NS-2, solid quilted maple wings (don't know about flame ones) cost $1,499.00 extra (and that was a few years ago, probably even more now).

Anyway, I was really tempted by that Euro but just could not justify buying it (but it was close). I have a NS-2 on order and I am still on the hunt for a Stingray Classic (natural finish and maple fingerboard). Moreover, I have too many basses for a living room player anyway.  Ok, hmm, well, let's see if I can resist your temptations, @Bunion 😉 

Wow, wow, wow. You have two killer basses on sale, @Bunion. Both are very tempting but I have to stay strong. I will, I am sure. Definitely. Maybe. 🙂

21 hours ago, Bunion said:

Dare we ask what the itch is? I mean, what is out there that is drawing your eye away from these two lovely basses?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Dare we ask what the itch is? I mean, what is out there that is drawing your eye away from these two lovely basses?!

Yes we need to know! As we may be able to help 😁

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulhauser said:

It was intentionaly written that way but now it is grammatically correct at least 🙂 

Ups, sorry, I didn't get the intention. I must be either too thick or still too distracted by the great basses on the marketplace (or both) 🤪

• Like 1

As a lot of us do, I’ve been picking up the odd bass here and another there, this pedal, that bass cab, until I’ve got a house full. 
Even though I have a few basses that have been long time dreams to own I’ve never actively sought them out:

1) Wal - not bought for that bit of extra cash you have lying around.

2) Brooklyn NS2- not exactly advertised daily.

3) A modulus funk unlimited, seen more often but still some money not that common in the UK. 
I’ve decided to thin the herd, shed some weight as far as other gear goes, streamline myself (there’s a few things I won’t sell)  and make a concerned attempt at getting those 3 basses in my grubby mitts. 
first up modulus funk, I’ve gotten a bit obsessed lately with that trebly/snarly tone you can get with a graphite neck so look out for NBD

4B7FEC50-4FD1-4A6E-BC66-153614806C72.jpeg

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Bunion said:

1) Wal - not bought for that bit of extra cash you have lying around.

If you're looking a WAL to say you've owned a WAL that's grand, but do yourself a favour and try an ACG as a possible alternative. I've owned a WAL (1983 Custom 4) and have found the 2 custom level ACGs I've owned to be head and shoulders above it in every respect. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigwan said:

If you're looking a WAL to say you've owned a WAL that's grand, but do yourself a favour and try an ACG

I’m looking for a Wal for the Wal tone and sound. I had thought about and have tried a few MM Bongo’s, I’ve heard sei’s that get close but when you have a sound in your head it’s in there for good. 
The grass is always greener as they say.

Besides after all these years lusting for one I’d better see what the fuss is about 😄