Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

My own LT in Violet Fade, must say one of the best basses I have played , neck just feels fantastic, I am struggling with health issues which affects my arms and hands, would love to keep this bass, it is a joy to play and looks stunning. I like the combination of the Bartolini's and the Darkglass preamp onboard, also very light which helps me tremendously, I can recommend these to any one,  great growly tone which I use often with Extreme Danger !!!   The E string is just thunderous,  some really nice Spector's in this forum.

163034894_10223266122656880_7546991047278500304_o.jpeg

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ooof! If only I got on with the neck profile....

I like that they do something different even if I personally wouldn't buy this. What's your issue with the neck? Is it that general Spector 4 string neck is not for your liking? Or this particular model has a custom one? 

2 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

I like that they do something different even if I personally wouldn't buy this. What's your issue with the neck? Is it that general Spector 4 string neck is not for your liking? Or this particular model has a custom one? 

I had an LX briefly. I found it a little chunky. Lovely bass and sound though.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 22:41, Paulhauser said:

Yes, as far as I know these are only available in Japan, this is a kind of signature model from what I have gathered. Traditionally the Japanese market always had some extra Euro specimens  especially with unique finishes so this can be another special run / sig model for local market.

looks killer anyway 😍

Actually on reflection it does look very similar to the NS5 Helium range which can be had over here:

Spector NS5XL Inferno Red, Helium edition five string bass, Pau Ferro f/b  Stuart Spector Design Bass Guitars:: USA Aguilar P J pickups Custom hand  made basses,for sale, on offer, UK, EU, Birmingham,

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ooof! If only I got on with the neck profile....

Well, what can I say. I think we discussed this "special" edition earlier in this thread. They are only making 25 4-string and 25 5-string. Let's see if there are that many squid lovers out there. Maybe they should market it as this bloke's signature bass 😉

Davy.thumb.jpg.b565286ebd829b138686a90b32376681.jpg

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2021 at 18:28, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yeah, not cheap but I think it will look killer and maybe make the bass a bit lighter too (as it did for my 77):

1885173733_ChromeBridge.thumb.jpg.6a2bc6279190b4bf867d94c4ff54b0b5.jpg 242052101_GoldBridge.thumb.jpg.35e53a5d0eff2c68148625df8b09e209.jpg

Did you notice much/any change in tone doing the bridge change?  My bass looks much better with the gold but I swear it has lost some “umph” or “depth” 

33 minutes ago, Pow_22 said:

Did you notice much/any change in tone doing the bridge change?  My bass looks much better with the gold but I swear it has lost some “umph” or “depth” 

I guess you might expect the heavier bridge to have some impact on increased sustain, but corresponding decreased resonance - from transferring less string vibration to the body.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pow_22 said:

Yes, definitely looks much better. I did not notice any difference in tone or depth. The 77 has so much oomph that even if the new bridge were to have a bit less oomph, it would still have so much oomph that I would not notice any drop in oomph, d'you know what I mean?

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 08:34, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I had an LX briefly. I found it a little chunky. Lovely bass and sound though.

If you have a chance to try a Euro 4 LE 1977 do so! I played mine this evening and it has a somewhat thinner neck than the old euro 4 I had a decade ago or so. Actually I have a quite recent Euro 435 which also doesn’t have a chunky neck.

Mind you I play and own mostly 5 and 6 string basses so pretty much any 4 string neck feels “small” but still I think the recent euro 4s have thinner necks than before. Maybe @ead and @Eldon Tyrell can comment on this, too.

11 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

If you have a chance to try a Euro 4 LE 1977 do so! I played mine this evening and it has a somewhat thinner neck than the old euro 4 I had a decade ago or so. Actually I have a quite recent Euro 435 which also doesn’t have a chunky neck.

Mind you I play and own mostly 5 and 6 string basses so pretty much any 4 string neck feels “small” but still I think the recent euro 4s have thinner necks than before. Maybe @ead and @Eldon Tyrell can comment on this, too.

At the moment I have nothing to compare them with directly however I think @Paulhauser is correct as the two Euro LEs I have are both very comfortable. Not sure the nut width has changed but the Euro 4LEs definitely feel thinner front to back than what I recall of the previous Euro 4LX I used to own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paulhauser said:

I checked some LXs and found the necks too chunky. Last year, I ordered the Fishman Fluence LT and that one had a chunky neck too. I sold it. My 77 LE has a nice thin neck and my Mike Starr has a neck somewhere between the 77 and the LX and LT. For my Fortes, I asked for the thin neck specs which they also do for the Ian Hill model. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...