Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

8 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Wow. Wow. Wow. This is THE best looking finish on a Spector I have ever seen. AMAZING 😍🤩🥰

Back in 1986/87 Kramer had a special batch of 5A solid quilted maple .Apart from this bass the remaining quilt was used to produce NS2s for Doug Wimbish, Mario Cipollina  , Adam Clayton and Henry Vaccaro (Kramer company owner).

Edited by BritBass 2
  • Like 3

On 30/10/2020 at 22:23, bagsieblue said:

Well???........,  we prefer the term hard rock rather than metal, but this one seems ok so far?

IMG_20200902_170418.jpg

...and we've now just released the full track.

Signal Chain:  Spector Euro 4 LX (non trim Tonepump)  > Tech 21 DP-3X > GK 800 Fusion.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Billy Apple said:

Interesting. So, they really do exist. Over at TB, some time ago someone posted the latest version of the Spector Owner's manual that listed the NS Pulse and also the NS Ethos and the NS Dimension series. Three new series! Korg is really going for it. However, I think they risk diluting the brand (and confusing us players ;- ).

See p. 3 of the manual:

https://www.spectorbass.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Spector-2020-Manual.pdf

57 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Looking forward to the album, having listened to that track! Really liked the bass line starting at 1.52 - what were the pedals were you using - DG / Tech 21?

I record two streams, one clean and one effected (yes, a DP-3X), then these stems go over to the producer.  Down to him what he uses really; he will push the clean signal through either the BOD or Amplitude SVX VSTs. I reckon that's clean, through the BOD.

It's funny calling it an album...this project has been ongoing for about three month and we've finished 18 songs and have another nine or ten either in post or awaiting vocals.  The guitarist/producer is about ten miles from me and the singer about 100.  Everything is being done remotely.  The studio is a playground.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Noticed guitarguitar Glasgow now dealing in Spectors, good to try before emptying the Sporran. Mind you that tigers eye at BassDirect looks smashing & has a tapered neck very tempting indeed

Yeah, saw that. Good that they are all 5 string, so I am (or better my bank account is ;- ) safe 😎

Interesting YT livechat with Rudy Sarzo, Fishman's Rob Ketch and Spector's John Stippell.

Showcases Rudy's new signature bass that happened by accident (30:33 onwards), the first US Spector with FF pickups (33:43), the Euro LT with FF (34:43), some info about the new NS Pulse (50:00), and the aim to grow the Spector workshop in upstate NY. 

• Like 1