Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

50B9990F-9E0F-4364-93D2-20C7B33B3338.thumb.jpeg.a04a54ccac370ecfaeb981cd95448664.jpeg
This was it on eBay last time...

4C22540B-CFAC-444B-BDD6-50ADF329B891.jpeg.b022f07485c95c5669dde1397771ed8f.jpeg

Long shot - do any of the Spectorphiles on here know of an SSD NS-94 with LED’s in the fingerboard.

It was on eBay a good few years ago, but in about 2000/01 it was mine and I always wanted it back.

This isn’t it - but it looked very similar.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

Congratulations! Awesome pair, how much of a sonic difference is there between the two? The pu positions seem to be the same even with traditional P / reversed P config. 

+1 ^^ both to congrats (they look fantastic) and to trad P vs reverse P config question! 

• Like 1

Just now, BritBass 2 said:

Not too sure if I’ve already posted this one on the thread . My trusty old 1987 Kramer NS2 , this was specially built alongside Dough’s (Wimbish) amber bass at the Neptune workshop , purchased direct from the company .

4C2A9207-A7B9-4E04-A58A-546B60289A0C.jpeg

F7DBECBD-8838-4555-BE88-18E2D69D037E.jpeg

611E2C32-D39D-4102-8DDD-CBC6DFD7D897.jpeg

488E17C9-C528-4AFB-A574-8252BBDA8FDF.jpeg

Oh my god. That’s wonderful 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh my god. That’s wonderful 

Thank you . Although Spector has changed ownership several times (Brooklyn/Kramer/Woodstock/Korg )the quality throughout the company’s history has always remained consistent. , each period  having a loyal following .As with Doug , we both agree that 1987 was a great time for Spector , the neck profiles on the Neptune instruments were slightly different to later Woodstock models . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritBass 2 said:

Thank you . Although Spector has changed ownership several times (Brooklyn/Kramer/Woodstock/Korg )the quality throughout the company’s history has always remained consistent. , each period  having a loyal following .As with Doug , we both agree that 1987 was a great time for Spector , the neck profiles on the Neptune instruments were slightly different to later Woodstock models . 

So @BritBass 2 is that yours in the original advert - the grain looks remarkably similar.

Its in great Nick too!

• Like 1

Pickup position in both basses are exactly the same at the split, Hill's reversed pups have a slightly brighter E & A where the D & G loose a bit edge seems more balanced out all in but mind the Hill uses EMG's compared to the 77's Dimarzio's. The 77's neck feels more slicker but could be put down to having a satin like finish compared to a painted neck, all in i couldn't pick a better one out of the two...both hold there own. Just need a Wimbish now or a p/j Hill and i'll be happy. By the way both are good for thrash metal never mind heavy metal

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1