Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

On 02/10/2020 at 19:43, Al Krow said:

I don't think Bartolini did themselves any favours when they introduced their budget Bart range for some of the more entry level basses; that's left a few of us, including me, wary of the brand which is a shame and perhaps unfair with regard to their higher end pick-ups.

Personally, I very much associate the classic Spector sound with EMG pups and the TonePump preamp.

Having said that the new Legend range does look great with their neck through design!

I lost confidence in Barts when I bought a Roscoe - more than slightly underwhelming. Avoided them ever since.

"Classic Spector sound" as above.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spector fans, what’s happening? As you know, the Spector Euro 77 is one of my fav basses. Best neck of all my basses and killer tone (DiMarzio Model P pickup). Just saw that BD has one back in stock and at a great price. Check it out and join the 77 club 😎 

32644942_SpectorEuro1977LEGold.thumb.jpg.c5c03b8a524433436cdc8c1d45746a15.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Only if your table is in baby poop brown and from 1977 😉

It's certainly the former, although a tad faded...and definitely has the appearance of being from 1977. This got to #5 that year, but was re-released later the same year by some talented young female and got to #1  :) 

(Nice, demanding bass riff around 5.10+)

Edited by Al Krow

47 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Lovely for a 30 + y/o 🙂

20201020_172439.jpg

20201020_172321.jpg

20201020_172332.jpg

20201020_172352.jpg

Kramer Forum III. Well, not really a Spector even if there is clearly some Spector DNA in it (thanks to Kramer purchasing Spector in 85). Not sure about the headstock, too hair metal-ish for my taste. Well, what can I say, I like the sansamp and the skull in the final photo though 😉

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ead said:

You won't regret it.  Not sure how many they made of the 79LEs but it was only 50 of the 77LEs so don't wait too long :ph34r:

I know. Thing is I don't use traditonal tuned 4 string basses much other than playing along with some music. I play the 1977 mostly at home playing along songs from the '70-80s

My NS-5XL is the main recording bass I have been using for years and custom Euro435 that I use for live (tuned AEAD) plus a pre LX Euro5 as a backup. 

Exchange rate is bad, covid is here so it's getting hard to justify a "new toy" even if funding it is not a problem.