Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

44 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The £2,719 ones at Andertons don't have the Fishman pick-up's. No images, just a spec list showing Bartolini's.

I am sure they mean the new LT with the Fishman pickups as the Black Fade/Faded black model comes with both Fishman pickups and preamp. It is a limited edition and only 50 were made: 

Check from 3:13. Interestingly, the prototype looks quite different from the actually released bass. I think the actual bass looks much, much better as the prototype had a "naked" back. The specs also differ from the other LTs (red, blue, tiger eye and violet). Andertons probably just copied and pasted the text from the normal LT (it also says gold hardware and Darkglass preamp) and currently shows the official list price. B&M show the NAMM prototype but also give the wrong specs. Again a case of copy& paste. https://www.bandm.co.uk/spector-bass-euro-4lt-black-fade-gloss.html

From https://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2020/01/spector-bass-model-updates-and-signature-models-for-namm-2020/

Euro LT – Faded Black – Limited Edition

• Limited Edition Euro LT
  • Figured Maple top; Weight-relived Paulownia body
  • Ebony Fingerboard; Fishman Fluence Pickups & Circuit

4-String – MAP $2,599.99
5-String – MAP $2,699.99

From Spector:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSpector/posts/new-for-2020-the-spector-euro-lt-faded-black-limited-edition-last-year-spector-d/10158208184954206/

Wow! What an introduction to your Spector bass journey - congratulations!

EMG 40TW pups with the single coil / humbucker options for both?

This thread has gotta take the biscuit for the amount of GAS induced spending on a particular brand of basses, right?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Got my first Spector yesterday. Euro 5lx in Matt black and blue. Absolutely love it. So addictive and so beautifully finished. 

DSC_0156.thumb.JPG.594fe8e59cc5b5eccff70c80eeb7b69a.JPG

Lovely m8 👍..i got the black & blue 4

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Got my first Spector yesterday. Euro 5lx in Matt black and blue. Absolutely love it. So addictive and so beautifully finished. 

Welcome to the club! Prepare for an addiction.... ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the Fishman pick-up equipped Euro 4 LT?

39 minutes ago, bakerster135 said:

Yes, also very keen to hear about this! Especially vs the standard EMG P/J setup

I have bought Euro LT with the FF pickups but have not received it yet. I decided to have the front pickup replaced with the Mike Inez Fishman Fluence Legacy Series pickup. This will be my second AIC bass (in addition to the Mike Starr Euro LE with the Haz 9V). I hope to receive the bass next week. My brain still says that the bass is way too expensive for a Euro; however, it really looks killer and when it comes to Spector basses my brain does not seem to have much say anyway 😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Wow! What an introduction to your Spector bass journey - congratulations!

EMG 40TW pups with the single coil / humbucker options for both?

This thread has gotta take the biscuit for the amount of GAS induced spending on a particular brand of basses, right?! 

Cheers Al. EMG 40dcs. 

Yeah I've spent a hell of a lot of time gawping.... Plays amazingly well.... Even the wife's impressed by it, bit not sure I'll get another through the door in the next year... 😆

2 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Cheers Al. EMG 40dcs. 

Yeah I've spent a hell of a lot of time gawping.... Plays amazingly well.... Even the wife's impressed by it, bit not sure I'll get another through the door in the next year... 😆

Haha - not only will you not need another Spector (obviously avoid speaking to @Eldon Tyrelland certainly don't ever discuss these things with @cetera!) you could well find it's really an effective GAS killer when it comes to other brand basses: I've not come across a bass yet in the same price bracket I'd want to trade my Euro 5LX for! Enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Haha - not only will you not need another Spector (obviously avoid speaking to @Eldon Tyrelland certainly don't ever discuss these things with @cetera!) you could well find it's really an effective GAS killer when it comes to other brand basses: I've not come across a bass yet in the same price bracket I'd want to trade my Euro 5LX for! Enjoy. 

Wish you were right, @Al Krow Unfortunately, I still want the Yamaha BB Peter Hook signature bass (huge JD and NO fan), an EBMM Stingray Classic in natural (as a Bernard Edwards Tribute bass) and a P bass (as my Motown and Stax bass, already got the Fender Pure Vintage 63 pickup for it). However, knowing me, I will get all these basses and then sell them to finance (a) Spector bass(es). I've already done it many times before (with Fender, EBMM, G&L, Lakland and Dingwall basses) 😎

22 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Wish you were right, @Al Krow Unfortunately, I still want the Yamaha BB Peter Hook signature bass (huge JD and NO fan), an EBMM Stingray Classic in natural (as a Bernard Edwards Tribute bass) and a P bass (as my Motown and Stax bass, already got the Fender Pure Vintage 63 pickup for it). However, knowing me, I will get all these basses and then sell them to finance (a) Spector bass(es). I've already done it many times before (with Fender, EBMM, G&L, Lakland and Dingwall basses) 😎

Get those itches scratched Mr T!

You in a band?

• 4 weeks later...

Spector fans, what's happening? I finally got the gold bridge for the 77 (after almost 7 months! I already got the gold tuners). I know from the "what puts you off" thread that several members don't like gold hardware; however, I think it fits this bass perfectly. It really goes very well with the brown of the walnut wings and the beige of the maple neck. 

Before:

746134965_SpectorEuro1977LE.thumb.jpg.96415023181c1c4eb72c20634b5eba33.jpg

After:

1388135685_SpectorEuro1977LEGold.thumb.jpg.c2d8c2060bc3034296161e885ef906d0.jpg

• Like 4

Interesting.  I do agree that the chrome one look a bit 'sudden' on the '77LE and thinking about replacing the ones on my bass with black items.  Gold look great though...

...but I'd need a set for my 79LE too so looking more expensive by the minute :(

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ead said:

Interesting.  I do agree that the chrome one look a bit 'sudden' on the '77LE and thinking about replacing the ones on my bass with black items.  Gold look great though...

...but I'd need a set for my 79LE too so looking more expensive by the minute :(

I agree, black would look great too.

I know tuners, bridges and strap buttons cost some money, especially for two basses, but it is worth it 🙂

31 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I know there are people that detest gold hardware, but on the right wood, I think it just looks great. Nicely done 👍

I agree. It all depends on how well hardware and wood or finish work together.

Red basses also do not seem to be overly popular. Well, red is my fav colour and I was browsing ebay and spotted this great looking Euro. Unfortunately, it seems to be a bit on the heavy side 😉

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spector-Euro-4-Lx-Red-Used-18Kg-Interest-Rate-0/363072832115?hash=item5488d3c273:g:8ioAAOSw2sBfITy4

• Like 1