Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

This thread has reminded me to get my Rebops out (sounds rude..) and give them a play! Sadly, they're a classic tale of instruments bought for a project that looked really promising but ultimately went nowhere.

They were both bought in early-to-mid 2017 as being "Rebop 5 Dlx" models, but the more I look into it I can't find the Aguilar DCB G4 pickups on the cherry red one ever coming as standard, but it was second hand so maybe it shipped with EMG HZs and had them swapped out by the previous owner? Also the pickups on the black stain one which was ordered new are proper active EMGs instead of HZs so does that make it a '40CS' model that I didn't actually order?

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care at this point - they're great fun to play when I remember to dig them out and I have no specific plans to move them on - it'd just be interesting to know what I actually ended up with!

IMG_5006.thumb.jpg.710ced48d097d4b2300168a9b8dbccb2.jpg

• Like 3

Rebops are incredible. That’s how I got introduced to Spector. I remember trying one maybe 13-14 years ago in a Shop in Paris. It literally blow me away. I couldn’t afford it back then. Took my revenge since. Incredible value for money. 

Edited by julfam
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2020 at 19:58, Eldon Tyrell said:

Sorry, could not resist. Sneak preview. Look what's hopefully arriving tomorrow. Cannot wait!!! 😎

1297561986_SpectorForte4BlackStain.jpg.9de41490c7cad58b9d2d9576cb22af9e.jpg

Update: Posted some more photos today in the thread: "NBD - May the Forte be with you". Well, as a Star Wars fan I just could not resist 😉

• Like 1

On the subject of the pickups fitted to Rebops; I bought my ReBop 5 DLX new in 2015 and It came fitted with active EMGs (DC I think) rather than the expected passive EMG Hzs.

At this point, Spector appeared to have dropped the DLX model in favour of the ReBop MM, so I wonder if they were perhaps going a bit off piste with the parts used on the final DLXs produced?

3 hours ago, Krysbass said:

On the subject of the pickups fitted to Rebops; I bought my ReBop 5 DLX new in 2015 and It came fitted with active EMGs (DC I think) rather than the expected passive EMG Hzs.

At this point, Spector appeared to have dropped the DLX model in favour of the ReBop MM, so I wonder if they were perhaps going a bit off piste with the parts used on the final DLXs produced?

It's entirely possible! When I got it, I assumed that EMG must have dropped the -HZ branding from the pickup covers to try and stop people from seeing them as a compromise instead of a choice. Looking at it the other day I just assumed that the dealer had sent me one of these instead of the basic model since that product picture might as well be my bass 🙂 

Either way, they're both great and they have a sound very much of their own.

I would rather like one of the satin blue MMs with the maple board, but I've resisted thus far...

Spector fans! I posted this in another thread but thought you may like it too:

Good news is that 2 Spector basses made it into the "most iconic basses" collection.

My main take-away: Doug seems to be a really cool dude and Ian may not be the most qualified when it comes to country names 😉

Ian Hill's Spector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfK9oErvUeo

13:41 - Ian Hill

Doug Wimbish's Spector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtHd2v9YiEA

29:38 - Doug Wimbish

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

The Euro 4LT tigers eye thats at Bassdirect..it's been sitting a good few months now and...i think it's stunning, i'm just wondering if it's the Darkglass pre & Bart pickups instead of EMG's and TonePump that it's still there or something else bar the price

4 hours ago, Dov65 said:

The Euro 4LT tigers eye thats at Bassdirect..it's been sitting a good few months now and...i think it's stunning, i'm just wondering if it's the Darkglass pre & Bart pickups instead of EMG's and TonePump that it's still there or something else bar the price

You may well be right. I’m new to the world of Spector basses having only just taken possession of my first, but the inclusion of the Darkglass pre combined with the price they are asking, could be the reason it’s still there. Nice looking bass tho.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2020 at 18:10, Eldon Tyrell said:

Me too. Would be great to check out the new Euro Classic (in red of course).

The new Euro LT in fade black with the Fishman Fluence pickups also seems to arrive soon, but check out the price: £ 2,719 😭 Who is going to pay that much for a Euro???

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/spector-bass-euro-4lt-black-fade-gloss

Well, looks like I won't get one for my self-made Mike Inez signature bass after all. Does anyone have a Euro LX TW for me? 

Update: Andertons has two in stock now (warehouse) and, guess what, they are indeed selling them for £2,719.00.
Well, good luck with that 😎

• Haha 1

On 15/06/2020 at 18:10, Eldon Tyrell said:

Me too. Would be great to check out the new Euro Classic (in red of course).

The new Euro LT in fade black with the Fishman Fluence pickups also seems to arrive soon, but check out the price: £ 2,719 😭 Who is going to pay that much for a Euro???

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/spector-bass-euro-4lt-black-fade-gloss

Well, looks like I won't get one for my self-made Mike Inez signature bass after all. Does anyone have a Euro LX TW for me? 

This is a Euro LX TW

IMG_20200711_192218.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Update: Andertons has two in stock now (warehouse) and, guess what, they are indeed selling them for £2,719.00.
Well, good luck with that 😎

Latest update: BD has one in stock now too for £2299 and it looks KILLER!!!

Good for me that it looks too close to my new Forte, so I hope to be able to resist the temptation 😉

On 11/07/2020 at 19:44, Eldon Tyrell said:

Latest update: BD has one in stock now too for £2299 and it looks KILLER!!!

Good for me that it looks too close to my new Forte, so I hope to be able to resist the temptation 😉

Well, well, what can I say, I failed 😉

• Haha 2