Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

Looks mighty fine in that there sun Ben 👍

6 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I like the p on its own too. Like Ian Hill who never uses the J and that's why his new sig only comes with a P. 

His new signature looks fine except for that inlay...what's it say 🔎

Screenshot_20200614-024258_Chrome.jpg

Does anyone know when the Ian Hill hits the UK ? What reviews are online describes the neck as being sleek & custom taper SO am i right in thinking his P & J model have the same profile. Cheers for any feedback 

I believe all new models are currently delayed (due to Covid-19 etc). I'm still waiting on the new Euro Classic range to hit the UK. Need to try a solid red Euro Classic with EMG BT circuit... ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cetera said:

I believe all new models are currently delayed (due to Covid-19 etc). I'm still waiting on the new Euro Classic range to hit the UK. Need to try a solid red Euro Classic with EMG BT circuit... ;)

Me too. Would be great to check out the new Euro Classic (in red of course).

The new Euro LT in fade black with the Fishman Fluence pickups also seems to arrive soon, but check out the price: £ 2,719 😭 Who is going to pay that much for a Euro???

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/spector-bass-euro-4lt-black-fade-gloss

Well, looks like I won't get one for my self-made Mike Inez signature bass after all. Does anyone have a Euro LX TW for me? 

27 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Me too. Would be great to check out the new Euro Classic (in red of course).

The new Euro LT in fade black with the Fishman Fluence pickups also seems to arrive soon, but check out the price: £ 2,719 😭 Who is going to pay that much for a Euro???

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/spector-bass-euro-4lt-black-fade-gloss

Well, looks like I won't get one for my self-made Mike Inez signature bass after all. Does anyone have a Euro LX TW for me? 

That's crackers. I've been quoted £1999 for tye new classic by Bass Direct. 

I'd take anything Andertons say with a pinch of salt at the moment.  I spoke to them last week about the Euro TW they have on the website. Despite being discontinued,  the chap there insisted that not only could they order them, they come in the standard Euro colour schemes.

2 hours ago, cetera said:

Me too mate! The bug has bitten!

Any idea why they've used the EMG circuit instead of the Tonepump?

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

That's crackers. I've been quoted £1999 for tye new classic by Bass Direct. 

I'd take anything Andertons say with a pinch of salt at the moment.  I spoke to them last week about the Euro TW they have on the website. Despite being discontinued,  the chap there insisted that not only could they order them, they come in the standard Euro colour schemes.

I think the Euro Classic will be a bit cheaper than the LT with the Fishman Fluence pickups and preamp but £2.7k is just ridiculous. For that money you can almost get a US Forte (I bought my Forte last year for £3k).

Not sure from where Andertons wants to order the TW for you. B&M is the UK distributor and they do not list it anymore:

https://www.bandm.co.uk/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer[]=38

I guess the only chance is to get it from a retailer that still has it in stock and I know of one that has two in stock (or so they claim). Maybe we should give them a call and ask for a good deal for us? 😎

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@Eldon Tyrell there's a mint 2007 Euro LX in the FS, on for a good price and seller is willing to take offers. If I was after a 4 string, I'd have been sorely tempted, myself! 

Cheers. I saw that one that. Super fair price and it looks great (very unusually thick walnut slice) but I need a TW as I want to replace the pickups with the Mike Inez Fishman Fluence Legacy pickups. The pickups are only available as soapbars (and shape and size-wise look similar to the EMG soabars). Unfortunately, Fishman won't release them as Ps, Js or PJs, already checked with them.  

5 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I think the Euro Classic will be a bit cheaper than the LT with the Fishman Fluence pickups and preamp but £2.7k is just ridiculous. For that money you can almost get a US Forte (I bought my Forte last year for £3k).

Not sure from where Andertons wants to order the TW for you. B&M is the UK distributor and they do not list it anymore:

https://www.bandm.co.uk/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer[]=38

I guess the only chance is to get it from a retailer that still has it in stock and I know of one that has two in stock (or so they claim). Maybe we should give them a call and ask for a good deal for us? 😎

I had the distinct feeling that the poor chap at Andertons was a bit clueless.

I've moved on a bit from the TW idea now, but who has them, out of interest?

1 minute ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I had the distinct feeling that the poor chap at Andertons was a bit clueless.

I've moved on a bit from the TW idea now, but who has them, out of interest?

https://reverb.com/item/6542079-spector-bass-euro-4lx-tw-matte-black-stain

Ferris Music - Never heard of them and the photo they show looks more like a stock photo and like the actual bass(es). So, not sure. 

8 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Cheers. I saw that one that. Super fair price and it looks great (very unusually thick walnut slice) but I need a TW as I want to replace the pickups with the Mike Inez Fishman Fluence Legacy pickups. The pickups are only available as soapbars (and shape and size-wise look similar to the EMG soabars). Unfortunately, Fishman won't release them as Ps, Js or PJs, already checked with them.  

Typical eh - you can only get soapbar format for the 5 string Euro LX! 

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Typical eh - you can only get soapbar format for the 5 string Euro LX! 

Yes, not cool.

I guess I could get a Legend NT. Great bass. Used to have one. However, the TW has push/pull pots and the FF pickups also have a push/pull pot, so a swap would be easier. 

Just now, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, not cool.

I guess I could get a Legend NT. Great bass. Used to have one. However, the TW has push/pull pots and the FF pickups also have a push/pull pot, so a swap would be easier. 

The new Legends are also NT, so have drop dead good looks to match!

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

So what's the deal with the Fishman pups?

Have to fess that having decent pups are a big  deal for me and pups that deliver a full rich tone or growl have me gushing!

They have three different voicings. However, I am only interested in the two voicings in Mike Inez's sig pickup, to replicate his tone in AIC:

• Thanks 1

Hmmm...the spec on the new Legends seems to be a real step up from their old range! And now giving the old Euro LXs a run for their money. 

Kinda feels like Spector have taken a decision to "dumb-up" their basses! Obviously it's coming with a price tag, but I applaud the thinking: it's very refreshing. 

• Like 2

I've been messing about today with the legend holoflash and some recording to backing tracks, flippin heck! What a great recording sound!

I used it through my stomp on svt setting and it's a lovely growly characterful sound that sits lovely in the mix. Cant wait to do some more.

• Like 1