Why become a member? ×

Here's one I prepared earlier!

LeftyP

My Chowny SWB-1 is a very good short scale bass guitar.  However, what it lacks in length it more than makes up for in weight!  Once placed in its Gator case it makes going to the gym redundant!  I would like a soft gig-bag for the bass but don't know which one would fit.  There is no way I'm going to lug the guitar and Gator case around music shops and looking on-line is just confusing so...........

A couple of pieces of cardboard from the bottom of a large carton, and a snip of Gaffer Tape came to my rescue.  I laid the guitar on the cardboard sheets, drew round it and then cut out the shape.  The Gaffer Tape join allows me to fold the template in half and I can take into guitar shops and try out the gig-bags for size.  I amaze myself sometimes.  The added bonus was the fact that I love the sound of scissors cutting card - I'll go quietly.

20180926_215029.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That`s a good call, buying cases on-line can be tiresome because of differing sizes. Our guitarist has been after a specific case for ages, e-mailed a retailer that appeared to have them in stock and asked them to measure it as the newer version is bigger, which he doesn`t want. They confirmed the sizes were as per the ad/older version. it arrived, of course it was the newer version. It seemed that using a tape measure was beyond the competence of the person dealing with the e-mailed enquiry.