Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Musicman Stingray 3EQ Black and Maple - £850
£1025

gazhowe

Musicman Stingray 3EQ in black with a maple neck.  Price reduced to £850 including shipping within the UK.  I'm not interested in trades thanks.

The bass was manufactured in June 2005 and I've owned this from new.  The serial number is E47241.  This model was built with a plain (unlaquered) neck and I had this professionally cleaned and lacquered by DWilson guitars last year.  The bass is in very good condition (there is one very small paint chip on top edge that isn't visible from the front).

Weight is 9.6lbs / 4.35kgs

The bass with be shipped in a Gator case (see pics).  The pics show the bass with the original black pick guard and also a mirror pick guard.  Both are included in the price.  I've also recently put on a set of D'Addario NYXL's (45-100).

The bass is located in South Shields, Tyne and Wear if you are local and wish to inspect and try before buying.  I can meet locally for a sale if preferred.  If you have any questions please PM me.

Stingray all black.JPG

Stingray 3EQ.JPG

Stingray 3EQ headstock.JPG

Stingray close up.JPG

Stingray in Gator case.JPG

Stingray neck 2.JPG

Stingray neck.JPG

Stingray on floor.JPG

Gator case closed.JPG

Gator case open.JPG

After7.JPG

Edited by gazhowe
Now sold.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deedee said:

Great looking bass.

I had the same done to one of my Stingray necks a couple of years ago at considerable expense (as I imagine yours was too). Looked stunning and felt lovely.

GLWTS 

Cheers for the comments. It was fair outlay but well worth doing and I'm really pleased with it. In fact I now prefer this finish to the standard unfinished neck.  As much as I'm really enjoying playing this I'm trying to be sensible with a 'one in one out' approach since I bought my 2018 Special. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can’t believe this is still here.

A 3 band full-fat U.S. Stingray in classic black with gloss maple neck. What’s not to love??? 😍

An absolute steal! Whoever gets it, don’t forget to wear your Richard Turpin mask 🦹

Edited by Deedee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tom1946 said:

when was the compensated nut introduced?

The official Musicman website doesn't say however I found a thread on the Ernie Ball forums that suggests it was introduced for all Stingrays from 2006, the year after my bass was built.

Edited by gazhowe

• 4 weeks later...