Why become a member? ×

NBD: Zoot Custom 32" Funkmeister

Bass Culture

Well, drove down to South Wales on Saturday to collect this from Mike and meet up with Daryl Cook, the friend he was staying with.  The weather was fantastic so the drive was really spectacular.  Daryl turned out to be a lovely bloke and a great player himself.  Mike was in good form too.  The bass itself is simply superb.  The East u-retro is very powerful and, in truth, probably overkill for my usual 'set and forget' preferences.  But, because it's so powerful it does enable me to dial in precisely the sound I'm after.  Tiny tweaks can have significant impacts on tone so I'm finding I really do have to be careful.  But the playability of the bass - my God: it's simply fantastic, an absolute dream to play.  And it looks so fabulous when I'm not actually playing it I find myself just staring at it! :)

Anyway, if anyone is considering a custom build I would strongly urge you to think about a Zoot, and I'd be happy for anyone who wishes to, to pop round to Chez Bass Culture to try mine as a 'taster'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bass Culture said:

Well, drove down to South Wales on Saturday to collect this from Mike and meet up with Daryl Cook, the friend he was staying with.  The weather was fantastic so the drive was really spectacular.  Daryl turned out to be a lovely bloke and a great player himself.  Mike was in good form too.  The bass itself is simply superb.  The East u-retro is very powerful and, in truth, probably overkill for my usual 'set and forget' preferences.  But, because it's so powerful it does enable me to dial in precisely the sound I'm after.  Tiny tweaks can have significant impacts on tone so I'm finding I really do have to be careful.  But the playability of the bass - my God: it's simply fantastic, an absolute dream to play.  And it looks so fabulous when I'm not actually playing it I find myself just staring at it! :)

Anyway, if anyone is considering a custom build I would strongly urge you to think about a Zoot, and I'd be happy for anyone who wishes to, to pop round to Chez Bass Culture to try mine as a 'taster'. 

It was a shame that you had other commitments later that day, as we carried on with our mini bass bash, and Daz Cooke's mate brought the "Master build" 5 string Zoot Funkmeister later that afternoon as well, so in all a great day of bass playing, chatting and fosters taking, Oh and the beers out on the decking were well welcome.

MB113.jpg

32943292_585497085166233_2935582719154847744_o (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bass Culture said:

I had a play on this fiver when I was there.  It's superb!  Did it stay in South Wales or go back to sunny Essex with, Mike? :)

Hi Mark, Stayed in Wales, I sold it later that same afternoon to Ian (Dan) one of Daz's bass playing mates.  He loved it and could not resist, so a deal was done.

1 hour ago, Cosmicrain said:

Hi Mark, Stayed in Wales, I sold it later that same afternoon to Ian (Dan) one of Daz's bass playing mates.  He loved it and could not resist, so a deal was done.

Ha ha - that must be some sort of record for brevity of ownership!!