Why become a member? ×

Big price drops on all TC Electronic gear

CameronJ

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@CameronJ good spot. You should be on commission :)

I'm already aware of a BC mate who has just got another Spectradrive as a result of this thread. And a TC Sub'n'Up for £68 posted! (I was hoping the mini would be even less, but alas it's not).

Yeah, me. A moment of madness, or maybe im now ready for it.

Damn you Basschat....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yeah, me. A moment of madness, or maybe im now ready for it.

Damn you Basschat...

Yeh, but at £137 posted the Spectradrive suddenly becomes a really good value (and actually very compact! - sorry to disagree @Daz39) headphone amp. Which if I'm looking for something to tuck into a gig bag will be much neater than my Zoom B3n, and also means I can load my B3n onto my pedal board without needing to worry about having easy access to the 🎧 sockets. It also has a DI out which my B3n is lacking.

At £199+ it was too pricey for me, but I'm definitely tempted following the reduction.

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yeh, but at £137 posted the Spectradrive suddenly becomes a really good value (and actually very compact! - sorry to disagree @Daz39) headphone amp. Which if I'm looking for something to tuck into a gig bag will be much neater than my Zoom B3n, and also means I can load my B3n onto my pedal board without needing to worry about having easy access to the 🎧 sockets. It also has a DI out which my B3n is lacking.

At £199+ it was too pricey for me, but I'm definitely tempted following the reduction.

Ok - I forgot about the SD - it has lots of knobs. I was referring to the 3 and 4 knob phaser, comp, flanger, delay etc.

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Exactly. When i had it first time around i liked it, but couldn't fit it on my pedal board along with my BDDI. It seemed silly to keep it but not use it, especially at the launch price. Now i have a bigger board and the cost is a lot lower. Win-Win (even more so for you when i sell it lol)

Just remember its main's powered only, so you also need to carry a PSU around with it.

Edited by dave_bass5

16 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Wait...you mean it can’t run off an isolated supply with other pedals?

No, i meant that you cant run it off batteries. just pointing that out to Bas as he was talking about using it as a portable headphone practice amp. He will also need a PSU if its not going on his board.

• Thanks 1

I guess the alternative as a headphone amp (but now slightly more expensive) is the PJB bighead (£145).

But the Spectradrive does so much more and can double up as an emergency DI pedal. 

Looking forward to you deciding (once more) that actually the BDDI is "your" sound and what you always ultimately come back to, Dave, so I can get your SD at a further knock down used price 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I guess the alternative as a headphone amp (but now slightly more expensive) is the PJB bighead (£145).

But the Spectradrive does so much more and can double up as an emergency DI pedal. 

Looking forward to you deciding (once more) that actually the BDDI is "your" sound and what you always ultimately come back to, Dave, so I can get your SD at a further knock down used price 😀

Bas, i keep saying it, the Zoom B1on is what you are looking for. Yes, its like a toy but it will give you most, if not all your B3n tones, runs off battery etc and costs around £42. Borrow mine and see if you like it. In fact borrow the SD as well if you want. Agree that it doesn't have a DI, nor would you really wan to use it live, but as a cheap carry anywhere headphone amp i really dont think it can be beaten.

The BDDI is a keeper, thats 100% (and thats not BC 100% lol). I may never need it but its my get out of jail card. I know it well enough to know that if i only use one box, thats the one.

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

I just ordered a SpectraDrive even though I don't really need it. It will simplify my home practice setup.

My (2nd one) arrived today. Im quite eager to try the newer tone prints for the drive, especially the Clean boost and Morecow. The first time around i didnt use the Drive as they didn't sound any good, but looking at the YT vids last night it seems things have got a bit better. Might even out my COG 66.

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Yeh but being seen with B1on my person will mean I get taken even less seriously by my bandmates than I am already. It would be a bit like me wearing a pair of Goji headphones whilst on roller blades. 

Mate, once they see your new pedal board and the dance steps needed to use it, im sure your band mates will have a right laugh lol.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Mate, once they see your new pedal board and the dance steps needed to use it, im sure your band mates will have a right laugh lol.

They won't see a thing (not at gigs anyway). Surely bass players are hidden out of sight as part of the back line? Which is good, right, as it allows us to be old and decrepid and means we have a longer shelf life...😄 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnR said:

I just ordered a SpectraDrive even though I don't really need it. 

John you're as bad (if not worse) than me. And besides you tend to have nicer gear, which I go on to acquire as cast offs. The same as I do off Dave, I guess... 

Ok that's a second person I've got lined up to buy a cheap used SD off then in a couple of months time :)

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

They won't see a thing (not at gigs anyway). Surely bass players are hidden out of sight as part of the back line? Which is good, right, as it allows us to be old and decrepid and means we have a longer shelf life...😄 

Indeed. We are the invisible magic ingredient that makes the signer and guitarist look good....

5 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Indeed. We are the invisible magic ingredient that makes the signer and guitarist look good....

In my case, sometimes visible. 

And they look good then just cos they get compared to the old geezer at the back! 

Finally worked out why I've lasted so long in both my bands 😄

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnR said:

I just ordered a SpectraDrive even though I don't really need it. It will simplify my home practice setup.

I just opened mine. This came from GAK. As with my first one from G4M there is no UK power supply. Just one of those multi ones with two pins. When i got my first one i emailed G4M and they sent me an official UK TCE PSU free of charge.

Its not a big deal, just thought id give you a heads up. Im going to email GAK anyway to see what they say.

21 minutes ago, JohnR said:

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered mine from Guitar Guitar and will pick it up in person which will give me a chance to check the contents.

Let us know what the PSU situation is with GuitarGuitar - I’m thinking of ordering mine from them.

2 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Let us know what the PSU situation is with GuitarGuitar - I’m thinking of ordering mine from them.

I will let you know once I collect it on Thursday. It won't make much difference to me as I will use it on a pedalboard with a PSU anyway.

Thanks very much to the OP for the tip-off. I’ve fancied a Sub n Up for a while. Duly ordered from Andertons for £63 click and collect. Looking forward to rattling my band mates’s fillings!

Edited by Srwu