Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***Fender Precision Bass, made in Japan PB57 Price drop.
£500

mart3442

For sale,or possible trade, depending on what you have..... my lovely MIJ Fender Precision, model number PB57, manufactured in 1995/6.

In good shape for a 22 year old Bass, 4 dings on the lower body, prossibly caused by a rubbish stand. numerous small scratches, at various points on the finish. The varnish has chipped off the edge of the fingerboard in several places, suggesting that the fingerboard edges have been rolled at some point in the basses life.... I'd say the Bass is a medium weight. The loom has been upgraded to CTS pots and cloth wiring, the pickup is  from a 1980's Squier Silver series P bass. Plenty of life left in the skinnyish frets, and the truss rod works fine. The Wilkinson bridge has been replaced with a suitable vintage looking model, and the Dunlop locking strap buttons have been changed for standard buttons.
No case with this one I'm afraid, but the Bass will be safely shipped, in a box, within a box and plenty of bubblewrap. Or of course, the buyer may collect from the Wirral. I'd imagine UK postage will be in the region of £20-25....
Any questions, please ask.

Edited by mart3442
Description and new pictures.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of these I am sure its a 94/95

its in sunburst with anodized pick guard ...

It is an absolute belter and I would never sell it .. the neck is one of the best I have tried and it bumps like a precision should

whoever gets this will not be disappointed

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

On 07/10/2018 at 13:12, DannyW said:

What price and where are you based?

Sorry, I'm not getting any notifications when people comment. The price is at the top of the listing, £500 but now reduced to £475. I'm based just outside Liverpool.

On 17/10/2018 at 14:53, Tommygingell said:

Ash or Alder body?

No idea, but as its not a boat anchor, I'd go with the Basswood/Alder theory........

Edited by mart3442

20 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

I’ve really developed a thing for black p-basses with a maple fretboard!  Looks ace.

It passes - but every now & then, I get this too - perhaps it's when I see early Stranglers footage?
Very JJ Burnell-esque :)  Great looking P bass, good price - I'm surprised it's still here. GLWTS

PS. I've not played a bad Japan Fender yet. Love the necks on every one I've tried

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Marc S said:

It passes - but every now & then, I get this too - perhaps it's when I see early Stranglers footage?
Very JJ Burnell-esque :)  Great looking P bass, good price - I'm surprised it's still here. GLWTS

PS. I've not played a bad Japan Fender yet. Love the necks on every one I've tried

Cheers, selling this Bass has been like waiting for a bus, nothing and then 3 offers all at once......

• Like 1