Why become a member? ×

Floppy Hercules microphone stand legs

bonzodog

I bought a couple of new Hercules microphone stands as I was told they were good quality.

When I fold them up to put back in the bag the three legs remain loose and flop backwards and forwards rather than keep tight to the main body even though I have slid the base up the main pole (hope that makes sense). They are stable when being used but it's a pain trying to get them into the narrow case as the legs flap about. Is this normal for Hercules? Other stands I've had in the past the legs can't move when you slide the base up to fold away.

There is no way too tighten each leg either.

I have an “ultimate” guitar stand (Hercules main rival price/design wise) and after a few years use it just doesn’t work properly anymore. The super clever twist lock doesn’t stay twisted or locked...

and there’s no way to sort it apparently.

how long have you had them - has it got worse? They may have some sort of warranty 

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

I have an “ultimate” guitar stand (Hercules main rival price/design wise) and after a few years use it just doesn’t work properly anymore. The super clever twist lock doesn’t stay twisted or locked...

and there’s no way to sort it apparently.

how long have you had them - has it got worse? They may have some sort of warranty 

Not had them long and they've always been like it. Just wasn't sure if they were supposed to be like that as it doesn't appear you can tighten them. Bit of a bad design if that's the case so will take them back.

i was given a mic stand with said 'flaccid leg syndrome', i fixed it by putting small rubber washers between the legs and the section they connect to. i'm not sure if the Hercules stands have an Allen bolt you can undo and remove the leg. id hope you would be able to as even the dirt cheap studio spares stands have this. once the washers in tighten up and gives that extra bit of grip to hold them in (dont over tighten as it will just cause the rubber to rip)