Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Joe Dart Signature Model

BassApprentice

On 09/10/2018 at 09:35, bakerster135 said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the tone on that album and my Stingray but, personally, his grindy Jazz Bass tone on Evil Empire makes me salivate a little more... 

Yep, I've always thought he sounded better playing his jazz bass. It sounded a bit richer and more aggressive than the Stingray and really suited that album.

4 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Mmm. Doesn't sound very clean which leads me to wonder how that is being achieved. I assume it's not from within the instrument itself?

Sounds exactly like how a passive Musicman Stingray would sound in Joe Dart's hands to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Also, anyone know the specs? Considering it's not on the MusicMan website and the buying page says nothing. Bit odd. 

I don't think the specs are out yet but it's basically a passive Musicman Sterling (according to the headstock) with Ernie Ball flatwounds I'd say. Nothing else.

Probably has the newer Musicman stuff (lightweight tuners, roasted maple neck, etc) but apart from that it's a bass that in a realistic world would sell for £1000 max. And they're selling it for $1999 (vulfpeck site only, 50 limited copies).

Talk about a great marketing strategy, easy bank for Vulfpeck & Musicman just because of "celebrity worship" (note: this bass WILL NOT make you play like Joe Dart).

Edited by kyuuga

25 minutes ago, kyuuga said:

Talk about a great marketing strategy, easy bank for Vulfpeck & Musicman just because of "celebrity worship" (note: this bass WILL NOT make you play like Joe Dart).

Is that not true about all signature models?  Certainly has been the case with Fender, and look at the prices of those new Markbass Bona instruments.

3 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

£1500(ish) can't say it's not reasonable from MusicMan considering normal Ray's are above that. 

Anyone buying one? 

They sold out in about an hour so not much chance!! Have they got a figured neck as well? 

I think they're available just in March. No doubt the limited edition passive short scale Stingray will be available on a very limited basis as well in due course. 

Good idea to sell these through the Vulf site. 

Edited by drTStingray

5 minutes ago, Cato said:

Coming on for $100000 of orders in about an hour?

It's surely got to be one of Music Man's best days ever.

They seem to have been selling a lot of guitars and more recently Stingray Special basses - hence me having to wait 7 months for my 5HHs! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

They seem to have been selling a lot of guitars and more recently Stingray Special basses - hence me having to wait 7 months for my 5HHs! 

Just makes it that much sweeter when they finally arrive...