Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Joe Dart Signature Model

BassApprentice

7 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Exciting!

I’ve actually just had a look at stopping at Jon’s on the way to Stockton on Friday. It’s just a little bit too far off track for me to justify it. It’s a 4 and a half hour trip as it is. Would be nice to meet him, but I don’t think I can do it.

4 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I’ve actually just had a look at stopping at Jon’s on the way to Stockton on Friday. It’s just a little bit too far off track for me to justify it. It’s a 4 and a half hour trip as it is. Would be nice to meet him, but I don’t think I can do it.

That’s a shame. He’s a great bloke and it’s nice to see the person who made your instrument and the environment it was made in. It’s a very pretty part of the world too. 

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

One of the knobless ones has just come up used in my local shop. 
https://richtonemusic.co.uk/musicman-joe-dart-jr-signature-shortscale-bass-w-mono-gigbag-2nd-hand/

They sometimes have some nice stuff in there but I find it a bit pricey and their descriptions of the items are terrible. Nice photo`s though.

11 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

They sometimes have some nice stuff in there but I find it a bit pricey and their descriptions of the items are terrible. Nice photo`s though.

Shops need to make money. I’ve never found it particularly overpriced. Been shopping there for years and picked up some lovely stuff. All really good people working there so happy to pay a bit more to help keep them open. Their used prices are pretty spot on; the values they’ve quoted that they’d sell for when I’ve inquired about selling stuff to them have been mostly borne out by what I’ve sold them for privately. 

9 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

How do they know it was previously loved? Maybe the guy with it hated it, did they ask? I mean they sold it, they can't have loved it that much.

It may have been sold out of necessity. Not everyone who sells their instrument is doing so looking to replace it with something else.

It may well have been truly loved, but with the economy in such an unhealthy condition, needs must in many quarters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Shops need to make money. I’ve never found it particularly overpriced. Been shopping there for years and picked up some lovely stuff. All really good people working there so happy to pay a bit more to help keep them open. Their used prices are pretty spot on; the values they’ve quoted that they’d sell for when I’ve inquired about selling stuff to them have been mostly borne out by what I’ve sold them for privately. 

Do they consider offers? Asking for a friend obvs 😎

25 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

It may have been sold out of necessity. Not everyone who sells their instrument is doing so looking to replace it with something else.

It may well have been truly loved, but with the economy in such an unhealthy condition, needs must in many quarters. 

Indeed; I’ve had a few occasions in my life where I’ve had to let a treasured instrument go in order to pay bills. It sucks. 

• Sad 1