Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Joe Dart Signature Model

BassApprentice

Passive Sterling perhaps? Maybe a coil tap on the bridge pickup to go single coil? 

Musicman made a single knob black Sterling for Nine Inch Nails once, so this isnt breaking new ground really. I can’t find a picture of the NIN bass now.

I remember reading a Q&A Joe did and whilst he is seen with the Jazz (apparently it’s the only bass he actually owns) he used a band mates bass which has a MusicMan pickup in it and they use sterlings and stingrays for recording, and I seem to remember him saying one of his favourite recorded Vulfpeck tones was a MusicMan bass.

Makes sense for MusicMan to jump on it and give him a signature, he’s well respected and it’s about time they did a signature bass, there are loads of signature guitars now.

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Looks like the Carlo Robelli (sam ash/musicians friend cheapo) that he used to knock about on before the jazz bass was the main bass.

not sure I get the point - it’ll probably be about the same price as a normal MM but with less features...

..that they'll charge extra for...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That’ll change if he joins Basschat 😀

Ha ha, don’t we all know it 😄. I remember the pre bass forums days, when I was happy with my gear and I spent more time practicing than looking up what bass I needed next. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I quizzed Joe about this bass back in July at a bass workshop he held at Sligo Jazz,

Its a prototype, its a Sterling 34" scale, its passive, it has Ernie Ball cobalt flats,

and He loves it!

a fair coup for Musicman as Joe is the best player of his generation in my opinion.

Edited by Niall6002
spelling
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Niall6002 said:

I quizzed Joe about this bass back in July at a bass workshop he held at Sligo Jazz,

Its a prototype, its a Sterling 34" scale, its passive, it has Ernie Ball cobalt flats,

and He loves it!

a fair coup for Musicman as Joe is the best player of his generation in my opinion.

Musicman published a few videos on YouTube a few years ago with Joe demonstrating some of their basses - perhaps this is a partnership they've been working on for a while.

It didn't sound like he's using flats in the video @eude posted.

Edited by PJ-Bassist

15 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Musicman published a few videos on YouTube a few years ago with Joe demonstrating some of their basses - perhaps this is a partnership they've been working on for a while.

It didn't sound like he's using flats in the video @eude posted.

He may not be using them in the vid. However Eb cobalt flats don't sound like traditional flats anyhow And have more a roundwound tone.