Why become a member? ×

Easy way to delete lots of attachments?

dyerseve

Question

Hi Mods,

Trying to clear up my attachements - all 10 pages worth and there seems to be no way to select and delete multiple attachments at once? Rather time consuming when, having confirmed you want to delete the file you just selected, it takes you right back to page 1 which is a bit annoying as I am trying to delete all my old attachments...

If there is an eaier way to do this please let me know. I dont know if i am alone in this situation but I feel I probably wont be and that people would be more inclined to clean up after themselves if the process was more user friendly.

cheers

Chris

5 answers to this question

So far - I can't see a way. Infuriatingly got from 99% down to 85 which took 20 minutes...would've took longer on a phone. The most annoying thing is, I want to delete older posts from old sales threads etc and you have to select the last page each time you delete an attachment.

A select many and singular delete would be much better, obviously - software permitting etc.

Done it a few times now and it's a real pain where you know. It takes soooooooo much time. Looks like we were back to the early 80's when computers were just making one thing at a time. And this mandatory confirmation is so paranoid.

IT's ways are often so illogical...