Why become a member? ×

SOLD overwater p j
£2800

The Bucket

This is an Overwater Custom P/J style bass guitar.

Now £1800!!!

Specifications -

Body - Alder
Top - Figured Poplar
Neck - Birdseye Maple
Fingerboard - Birdseye Maple
Scratchplate - Birdseye Maple
Headstock - Figured Poplar
Electronics - John East Buffer Preamp Circuit
Controls - Volume/Blend/Passive Tone
Pickups - Soapbar casings containing OW Noiseless Single Coils (A pair of OW Dual Coil Humbuckers are also included)
Tuners - Hipshot
Bridge - OW Custom
Nut - Black Plastic (41mm width)
Scale Length - 34"
Weight - 9.0lb
Finish - Satin Lacquer

This bass is in 'as new' condition. Never been gigged, only played by myself in my private, smoke-free home studio. I picked up the bass myself from OW HQ on July 3rd, so I've only had it for 12 weeks (but 6 of those weeks the bass was back at OW HQ having the pickups changed, see below). There are no signs of wear, no dings, no scratches. Cost price new is £3,530.

This is a very reluctant sale as unforeseen circumstances have arisen and unfortunately I have no choice but to let it go.

This is a lovely bass... it sounds amazing. The Alder body and Jazz pickups combined create an articulate yet warm sound. I'm also including a set of OW Dual Coil Humbuckers so you can see which you prefer.

The neck width at the nut is 41mm, in between a P and a J. The neck has a compound radius - so the further you go up the neck, the flatter the fretboard gets, this makes it extremely comfortable to play.

It is a medium weight, not super-light but definitely not heavy at all. It is very well balanced on the strap.

There is an 'MOB' inlay at the 12th fret, it can mean whatever you want!

It was a reverse PJ but I didn’t like the blend. I sent it back to OW and they re-routed it for a soapbar configuration in the traditional J spacing. So I have both sets of pickups available - OW dual coil humbuckers or OW noiseless single coils. Both sets are housed in soapbar casings and both sets come with the bass. 

An OW/Hiscox hard case is included in the price. It will be shipped inside this, inside another box.

Please get in touch about shipping options.

Thanks for looking!

5E5C7DB0-E677-4269-9611-490CF5C71668.jpeg

FCCA9768-37F8-495C-B9B6-B51DB7CA8502.jpeg

1B1A97C7-5721-4664-8AA3-61A10E6F286A.jpeg

9F0191AE-A518-43E8-860E-F721A5A876DE.jpeg

D551CEB9-9F1E-4F6C-8924-AAF6D0A7EBA0.jpeg

Edited by gary mac
Additional info
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Lovely bass. I was expecting to see a P pickup with a J pickup. But its a P Bass with humbuckers. How are the Jazz pickups going to fit. ?

Maybe he meant the neck - the width is between the P and J.

But yeah, I was expecting a lovely P/J bass too 🙂

23 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Lovely bass. I was expecting to see a P pickup with a J pickup. But its a P Bass with humbuckers. How are the Jazz pickups going to fit. ?

Yeh, I know... a bit confusing but I didn’t know how else to word it. 

It was a reverse PJ but I didn’t like the blend. I sent it back to OW and they re-routed it for a soapbar configuration in the traditional J spacing. So I have both sets of pickups available - OW dual coil humbuckers or OW noiseless single coils. Both sets are housed in soapbar casings and both sets come with the bass. 

I’ll put this in the description to avoid confusion...

Thanks!

1 hour ago, totorbass said:

So if I get it there is a route for the reverse P Under the PG?

Yes, correct. You could make it a PJ again, either reverse or standard, if you wanted to. 

The whole P pickup space was routed out, so therefore we could place a soapbar in there, and next to that a piece of Alder was cut to size to fill the gap left over. 

So lots of options there... as I say, it comes with 2 different sets of pickups in soapbar casings - dual coil OW humbuckers and noiseless OW single coils.

Hope this makes sense to you...

Absolutely love the body of this - neck and headstock less so (and I have an Overwater PJ with the same - never been a fan of the head shape - all personal taste, I know!) I can’t imagine the bass plays and sounds anything other than amazing. Wish I could afford it plus the price of a new (rosewood boarded) neck. Lovely and bump!