Why become a member? ×

Apreciation

wal4string

Is it a British thing or are we unable to give a simple thumbs up or a quick thanks to the guys who spend a lot of time and effort to post there hard work of there transcriptions here on BC. For me these transcriptions are a main source for my going forward as a bass player. Not only that several of these guys go the time and trouble of maintaining a website which believe me is no mean effort. 

To date I see that 

ChrisDev has had 25,880 views and a mere 201 replies to his post

and

TKenrick a 10,381 views and a total of 71 messages.

There are many other contributors which show the same story.

Ron. (I wish I had more feedback, good or bad) 

• Like 4

I've just started trying to do this a bit more, but not having done so before is nothing to do with "Britishness" or anything like it. I've been using forums (and usenet before there were forums) for 25 years, and being able to "like" things is a pretty recent thing. I'm getting in the habit though.

Posting replies saying "thanks" always used to be bad netiquette.

Edited by adamg67

On 23/09/2018 at 09:41, TKenrick said:

FWIW I don't think it's necessarily a purely British thing, I have a similar experience with Talkbass, YouTube and my website - people are always very quick to point out when something is wrong, but more reluctant to give praise.

I don’t think it’s a British thing, it’s simply some people just don’t appreciate what you do 👍