Why become a member? ×

When a multi-laminate thru neck is a one piece set neck.......

lemmywinks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-string-bass-by-Peavey-set-neck-with-single-and-twin-coil-pickups/192659707678?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3Dccb38ec3e9d64198bfee8889bb590c64%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D292733454061%26itm%3D192659707678&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

Complete with needlessly raked back tuners, odd aftermarket control knobs which don't suit the instrument and a single coil shoved into a humbucker rout - the holy trinity of mdp conversions. 

Decent budget beginner basses in their unbutchered state and at the correct (£160-£200) price, bit of a shame really.

Edited by lemmywinks

Also the posh sounding neck pick up is apparently "from John Hutchinson at Janika Guitars in Nottingham", sounds like a hand wound bespoke unit from a luthier no? I think what he means by that is he bought a cheap generic pickup from the Janika store on eBay, doesn't sound quite as fancy though..................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-string-jazz-bass-style-guitar-chrome-hot-rail-pickup-neck-position-new-JB/161217875506?hash=item2589558e32:g:UUsAAOSwnDZUJWtA

Edited by lemmywinks

3 hours ago, prowla said:

Are the string ends supposed to protrude from the back of the body like that?

May just be larger ball ends on those strings, some ferrules are slightly smaller and aren't wide enough for them. Then again he might have swapped them out for odd ones from his parts drawer just for the sake of it which actually seems more likely.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

May just be larger ball ends on those strings, some ferrules are slightly smaller and aren't wide enough for them. Then again he might have swapped them out for odd ones from his parts drawer just for the sake of it which actually seems more likely.

Or they could be guitar string ferrules...

9 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Literally laughing my head off!

52 minutes ago, ambient said:

Have you seen the acoustic guitar?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-neck-Epiphone-Legacy-acoustic-with-strat-pickup-12-to-6-string-conversion/192674847202?hash=item2cdc50d9e2:g:Rj4AAOSwkRha5ZmB

He's got all the strings going to tuners on one side of the headstock.

I hope that nut is glued in properly otherwise it's going to be catapulted through the ceiling when you tune up!

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

On a serious note there must be a more elegant way to make that a 6 string by going 3 a side. Anyhow MDP has 6 acoustic machine heads in his parts drawer now, I wonder what guitar/bass they'll turn up on?

I don’t believe he does elegant.

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Legacy by Epiphone? That’s a worse fabrication than whatever’s going on with the guitar.

and the jack plug positioning reeks of “that’s as far as I could reach in”

very odd. 

He's going off a post here:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/52660-legacy-epiphone/

Apparently a forum post from Australia saying a Legacy is made by Ephiphone means the ultra cheapo firewood line of Legacy branded guitars we get over here are all made by Epiphone too, even though nowadays Epi is just a brand itself slapped on Samicks and they don't actually build guitars. The model he has is an LED30 which is made in China so didn't come out of the Samick factory and is nothing to do with Epiphone, something that doesn't really need pointing out when you look at the construction of the guitar around the nut and on the rear of the headstock.

I don't think he's being deceptive here, I just don't think he knows.

11 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Also what's going on here?

s-l1600.jpg

Before any mods start getting a tingly feeling in their pants I'm not having a go, I genuinely want to know what is going on here. Is that ear wax? Is he using ear wax to make candles in the bridges of guitars?

When challenged, he goes off on tangents without answering any questions asked of him and just attacks you. Comes across as unstable.

It's a crime that ebay keep on allowing him to trade his monstrosities, he needs to be closed down.