Why become a member? ×

NBD - I'll just leave these here

Happy Jack

Beauty. I wish I'd bought it first. I can read Cyrillic but I'm still trying to figure out the first letter as it's highly stylised.

It's either called Tonica (i.e "Tonic)

Or Monika, take your pick, although best guess from the pictures of go with Monika. 😉

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

18 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Monuka?

Not quite. In Cyrillic what we with the Roman alphabet would perceive as an "H" is actually pronounced "n", and what we see as "u" is actually a lower case "i". Therefore MOHuKa would actually be Monika (assuming the first letter is M which is the same in both the Roman and Cyrillic alphabet, as is the o, the k, and the a.) 

I live in Bulgaria and they invented the Cyrillic alphabet. 😉

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mikel said:

I love it.  It looks like Moriuka to me or Mohuka. Anyway its not another P bass copy.so its good.

It's definitely Tonic (Tonika).

One wonders what the designer was mixing with said tonic when he came up with the design, but I'm guessing it came from a still at the bottom of the garden. 

I wish you luck with it.

I like the idea behind having rollers under the string break points but I feel that the effect is somewhat wasted at the bridge end.  If you're going to do that it's more effective at the nut end unless your tuners are at the bridge end too.  I don't like it much.

What drew you to it Jack?