Why become a member? ×

My new album (and videos)

charlie_groove

Hello bass fellas!!!

I'm here to introduce my 4th studio album as a soloist. It's called From The Vault and it's already available on most of the music platforms. Touring and my participation in other projects had reduced my time to concentrate on my instrumental music, and finally I got it.

I’m very excited because this album, From The Vault, is a challenge in my career. In this record, where I have set it up as a one-man-show, I carry out all the possible musical tasks without the participation of external personnel: I play bass, percussion, guitars and programming, composition, arrangements, production, mixing and mastering; all in my recording studio blackbird.cat. I have only received help in the section of photography (danbalboa.com) and photo/design (Noelia Balboa – blakcbird.cat).

It has been an incredible learning process in my facet as a music producer. I had previously produced both my own and others’ projects, but this has been different. Producing yourself is always special, but without any external musical participation, it is a real challenge.

I put here the link to Spotify in case you are curious: https://open.spotify.com/album/4LPqCebz4RIWcd4lxYSoWj

And the link to iTunes Music just in case you want to buy it: https://itunes.apple.com/es/album/from-the-vault/1434829296 

I am very proud of the result and all the pre-release work for this record. I think that my essence as a composer is still evident on this record and I hope you like it as much as the previous ones. Now it’s time to play these songs live, with an incredible band including some of the best musicians from the Barcelona Jazz scene. I'd love to read your feedback bassheads!!!

PD: I'm proud to announce an all new charliemoreno.com website, where you can check everything about my career. Subscribe to the newsletter and download for free the tune Song For Chuck from my latest album. 

Edited by charlie_groove

• 1 month later...

Very, very good. And great that you're doing it all yourself.

I recently read Yngwie Malmsteen's autobiography, and he was stating how marvellous it was to be able to go and capture ideas and be in total control of the ideas he was producing thanks to the wonders of modern digital recording instead of having to explain the sound "in your head" to a drummer or keyboard player. It certainly seems like you have a fantastic set up - will look your album up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72deluxe said:

Very, very good. And great that you're doing it all yourself.

I recently read Yngwie Malmsteen's autobiography, and he was stating how marvellous it was to be able to go and capture ideas and be in total control of the ideas he was producing thanks to the wonders of modern digital recording instead of having to explain the sound "in your head" to a drummer or keyboard player. It certainly seems like you have a fantastic set up - will look your album up!

Thank you bro, it's been a huge experience since I've been recording with bands for my previous albums. This time I wanted to challenge my self not only as a musician, but also as a producer. I hope you like it :)

• 9 months later...

Hi again! Here I share two more videos of sons from my latest album "From The Vault". I hope you like them!!!

Catch Me If You Can - solo bass playing at my studio

The No Timers - bass take for this tune at my studio 

Thanks for watching and best regards from Barcelona!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi bass fellas, here I bring my latest videos uploaded to YouTube, I hope you like them!!!

One Thing - Marvin Sapp

This time I bring you a worship anthem by gospel legend Marvin Sapp, recorded live in my work space: Blackbird Studios. The original bass is played with synth keys, so it was a challenge to take it to the electric bass and give my own flavor to it. 

Bass gear used: MTD Kingston AG5 custom bass with Bartolini pickups and electronics, EBS Micro Bass II, Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings, RightOn! Straps

The first video I record with my MTD "Purple Dream" bass has to be a Prince tune. Here I bring one of my favorite songs by him: "Somebody's somebody", recorded live in my work space Blackbird Studios. The original bass seems to be played by the great Rhonda Smith, and it's really awesome. I just try to give it my own flow. 

Bass gear used: MTD 535-24 "Purple dream" bass with Bartolini pickups and electronics, EBS Micro Bass II, Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings, RightOn! Straps.

There we go again. Here I bring one of my favorite songs by Daft Punk, recorded live in my work space Blackbird Studios. They are amazingly inspirational on to me as a composer and producer, and you may notice if you hear my latest studio work. There isn't really a bass on the original recording, so I tracked one and I just tried to give my own taste. 

Bass gear used: MTD 535-24 "Purple dream" bass with Bartolini pickups and electronics, EBS Micro Bass II, Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings, RightOn! Straps.

Hi guys,

Here I bring another tune from my new album From The Vault, this time playing with my band. Recorded live at Blackbird Studios in Barcelona, its name is Point Zero and it's one of the trickiest tunes to play from the CD. I hope you like it!!!

Bass gear used: MTD 535-24 "Purple dream" bass with Bartolini pickups and electronics

EBS Reidmar 502 & ProLine 210

Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings

RightOn! Straps

• Like 1