Why become a member? ×

Current Earworm...

MacDaddy

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A recent feverish night’s sleep had Bad Company’s ‘Can’t Get Enough’ running endlessly through my brain, especially that diddly up-high bit. Because I’d been rehearsing it. A lot. Ah, this is how it ends, I thought. Get too involved in music and you’re stuck with an earworm.  This moved Mrs Lownote to gently point out that she was having similar issues with 'Hand Jive' and 'Tulsa Time', as heard endlessly through my closed door.  So, my question is this:  after 50 years of it, how much more of ‘Brown Sugar’ can the Stones take?    

Edited by lownote

From a technical standpoint Brown Sugar is just white sugar with molasses mixed in.

As an aside, Sticky Fingers is my only favorite Stones album and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' is an Earworm I can live with. Keith wishes they could have gone back to Muscle Shoals to do another album. That album oozes swamp.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Two years later and the worms are now crawling in my lugs - no wonder I can’t stand up quickly without falling down, the doc said it’s labyrinthitis but actually I know now that Coldplay is to blame for getting in my head with Viva la Vida resulting in two night’s insomnia! My 9 year old grandson is also partly to blame, because he’s learning drums and wanted me to come round and play sax with him on his latest tune, yes that was the one, oh those Roman Cavalry choirs!

Some relief can be gained by singing it loudly in the garden or in extremis by strumming the chords to ‘Girl from Ipanema’ in my head to block it. 

Whats your latest brain frazzler and remedy?

Got in with a local covers band recently and noticed  "It's my life" on their set list

(Talk Talk, not BJ)  great bass on this, so,  learnt it about three weeks ago and the song's been stuck in my head ever since.

Mind you, there's worse stuff to have as an earworm😂

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

Ever since I learned Psycho Killer, the bass line has kept popping into my head.  Get out, dammit! :D

To get rid of that particular earworm I thought you would have told it to "fah fah fah fah, fah fah fah fah fah, cough"....I'll get my coat 🤣

I tend to have continuous earworms. It can be bits of songs, basslines, just random elements that rattle round my head at all times I'm not concentrating on something else.....aaaargh!

Edited by Acebassmusic
  • Haha 2

I wake up in the morning, put the coffee on, and something pops in my head. This song keeps occurring over and over, for days at time. Then stops. Then it starts up again. 

I don't know why. The last time I probably heard it was when it was a hit on AM radio.

"This Diamond Ring" by Gary Lewis and The Playboys.

No, my gf does NOT want to get married. And doesn't value diamonds.

I kinda like the tune. Catchy. Doesn't bother me.

No, I don't want to learn it on the Stick.

'Young Turks' by Rod Stewart has been bugging me since I woke this morning,but its started me thinking.He doesn't use the title anywhere in the lyrics.Anywhere.Then I thought 'Maggie May'. Same thing.Just refers to 'Maggie' throughout.Then I thought 'Da ya think I'm sexy?' Again,never uses those words.Then I thought 'go and do something useful,you wassock!' That was me talking to myself.