Why become a member? ×

Current Earworm...

MacDaddy

On 21/09/2018 at 20:34, TheGreek said:

Apologies before I start...we have a dog in our pack called "Lola". Fellow dog walker, knowing about songs getting stuck in my head, will resort to singing a single line at me....not The Kinks, but Barry facking Manilow's "Copacabana"...

Sorry if you now have this infesting your grey matter...

In my ear currently...

Barry fackin Manilow’s Copacabana, cheers dude...

🧐

Edited by Frank Blank

12 hours ago, davepb24 said:

Have in the last couple of days just got the line "drop an atom bomb on me" stuck in my head and for the life of me can't remember the song.... mid 80s, chirpy Scottish pop band (or singer at least) s I recall. Google no help...anybody know anything?

Kim Jon McUn? 

Sorry. I'll get my coat. 

I have this version of Take Five, from the excellent TV programme Jazz 625, stuck in my head at the moment. As Steve Race explains at the beginning of the clip it’s unusual inasmuch as Dave Brubeck takes a solo, a solo I am pointlessly trying to transcribe to play on the bass, there is something about the simple beginning of his solo that really puts the hook in me...

...just as an aside I was watching this evenings episode of The Art of Drumming (excellent series btw) on Sky Arts and this lead me to ponder who is, in fact, my favourite drummer. Usually I’d say Sigtryggur Baldursson (well, attempt to say it and fail) but in light of the programme I was considering my dislike of drum solos, unless they are drum solos played by Joe Morello who manages to make them interesting and cool, I’m rambling, in summary...

Joe Morello = coolest drummer.

Edited by Frank Blank
I took five.

• 2 years later...